Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By iNammer
#323080 Hey guys, so I'm not too sure whats going on but whenever i'm driving (doesn't matter at what speed) my car would randomly just jerk to the right (steering wheel does a full 180 CW, car jerks to the right). This comes and goes and occurs randomly at random times. Does anyone know how i would be able to fix this? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
By blk92hb
#323083 what have you done to your suspension?? because aftermarket coilovers will give you bump steer if you are to low.
By iNammer
#323130 I've lowered my car on aftermarket coils, however it hasn't been a problem until recently. I do have a camber kit as well, but i haven't installed them yet, would that be a problem ? Because i've checked everything, and gotten them all replaced with an alignment afterwards. Thanks.
By EJ1_MK
#323151 Could be within the rack or you have a tie rod end or a ball joint going bad, it sounds like you hit a small bump and or a crack and it causing the problem.

It is similar to bump steer. Is it a power rack or manual rack? And do you know when the last time any of the suspension was replaced? I.E. Ball joints and bushings etc.
By Apexracing
#323157 Sounds dangerous!
By TrailerTrash
#323174 sounds exactly like my old subaru... turned out to be a very bad CV axle. i guess it would be spinning and all of a sudden catch and bind up and jerk the car to the other lane. when i took it out to replace it it was pretty much locked up it had no flex to it at all wouldnt move like they are supposed to at the joints.
By suspendedHatch
#323202 Something like that or wasted wheel bearing, broken suspension component, bolt missing etc.

Is your car slammed-yo and bottoming out?