Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Brandon
#322975 Whats up guys and gals. Alright what i got is a 92 hatchy and what i'm wanting to know is anybody that has done a "N-1" style exhaust and run the piping straight under the gas tank has there been any problems. fuel evaperation, vapor lock, etc. I know it's a stupid idea running hot exhaust close to the tank but i've seen it on these fourms and i'm thinking about doin it.
By Brandon
#322976 what i mean by n-1 style is with the muffler coming out and a angle
By FG2_Andrew
#322978 So you are saying you want to run a legit "straight pipe" to an angled N1 muffler?

Like this

=-_______//

Not this

=--/----~//

/ indicates bends
~ indicated over LCA
// indicates muffler
=- indicates header
By Brandon
#322979 yup you got it. all i'd have is header, cat, piping, muffler. :woot:
By Brandon
#322980 What i thought about doin is just puttin exhaust wrap on the piping uder the tank. Maybe putting some sort of heat shield on the bottom of the tank.
By HaydenSI
#322981 In my experience the N-1 style you are talking about is very annoying. If your car is lowered or even slammed over time it will scrape.. bad. And eventually you will get holes in your exhaust. It's rather annoying.

But if you do decide to do it please make sure that you get the tip to stick far enough out of the bumper. I have seen so many people do this the wrong way and ride around with a melted bumper.
By Brandon
#322994 i'm on e-gay coilovers right now so if it scraps i'll just raise it. I didnt think about the bumper melting too much i was more worried bout getting the carbon all over the bumper. Thanks for the pic i'm goin for it this week. :twisted: