Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xhardlinerx
#322951 I have a ebay exhaust system that came with the car. It is too loud for me.

Question 1: If I take off the ebay tip and install a Apexi N1 tip, would it be the same as a Apexi N1 exhaust system? Or are other parts of the Apexi N1 exhaust system different?

If I just remove the ebay tip and install a good after market tip (yonaka,Greddy) , would it be the same as a Yonaka/Greddy exhaust system?

Are you just paying for the quality tip, and is other pipes and piping metal the same exact design that is just distributed by different vendors?

I seen a Apexi N1 tip on craigslist for $80.

Here is some pictures of my exhaust, I will take some better ones tomorrow.

By josh93coupe
#322955 Quality of the welds is going to be better on the better exhaust systems, Fitment as well

PS: The alignment of that tip would drive me fucking up the wall lol.
By rustyrex
#322958 I bought a ebay exhaust for my 2000 4 door and decided not to use it, so I cut about 3 inches off of it and put it on my hatch. I am happy with the way it sounds I guess I got lucky. But no it will not be the same. It all just be a cheaper exhaust with a quality tip.
By HaydenSI
#322982 The biggest difference is the type of metal used to male the actual piping. Mainly with durability and how well it holds its heat.

Replace the pipe (if it's the same size) USUALLY doesnt change the sound.
By xhardlinerx
josh93coupe wrote:Quality of the welds is going to be better on the better exhaust systems, Fitment as well

PS: The alignment of that tip would drive me fucking up the wall lol.

Are you talking about how the bumper is cut and the tip doesnt align with it?

I got used to it, but will bondo the bumper one day.
By xhardlinerx
HaydenSI wrote:The biggest difference is the type of metal used to male the actual piping. Mainly with durability and how well it holds its heat.

So are you saying If I just replace the exhaust tip, then the sound wont be changed?

I guess im going to buy a new Yonaka Exhaust system for $270 . Any suggestions? I seen a used Greddy Exhaust system on craigslist but I need to research the sound.

Mainly I want to accelerate hard in 1st and 2nd gear without the loud exhaust sounds in the high rpms.

I kinda like the loud exhaust on highways because it makes me feel safer. I think other people hear it and they are aware of my car so they have a better chance of not hitting me.
By HaydenSI
xhardlinerx wrote:
HaydenSI wrote:The biggest difference is the type of metal used to male the actual piping. Mainly with durability and how well it holds its heat.

So are you saying If I just replace the exhaust tip, then the sound wont be changed?

I guess im going to buy a new Yonaka Exhaust system for $270 . Any suggestions? I seen a used Greddy Exhaust system on craigslist but I need to research the sound.

Mainly I want to accelerate hard in 1st and 2nd gear without the loud exhaust sounds in the high rpms.

I kinda like the loud exhaust on highways because it makes me feel safer. I think other people hear it and they are aware of my car so they have a better chance of not hitting me.

No the tip makes the difference. I was mentioning the piping coming from the downpipe to the tip being made of different grade metals. I'm sorry for the confusion
By iZack-Cards
#323237 one important thing is that may be your exhaust system doesnt have a resonator that makes it loud and even worse if you have I/E/H, i had an straight line Exhaust on a R18 civic 08 and it was loud as hell but now i place a resonator and sounds smooth and kwl (loud in high rpms) may be you should try a twin loop im looking forward for my EG and R18