Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xhardlinerx
#322652 According to this link, B - series swaps are only about 130 pounds heavier than a stock civic is.

So my 92 Civic SI weighs 2326 lbs + 130 lbs = 2,456 lbs. (with out me in it)

Since I am just adding 130 pounds to a stock car, I should subtract around 100 pounds to be more accurate. (Because the DX/VX civics are of course lighter due to there lighter engine.

If I could actually subtract the actual weight of the SI engine/tranny and then add the b16/engine and tranny then it would be almost exact.

I have 99-00 SI wheels. I heard they are about 18 lbs each, and I heard that the stock wheels on the Hatchbacks were about 14 lbs each.

Detailed Link to the civic eg weights = http://www.sohchonda.com/forums/topic/9 ... t-listing/
By chrono404
#322653 Once the mods start adding up, the best way to get the correct weight is to weigh the car. In Washington state, USA they have weigh stations for semis that you can use to weigh your car. Most scrapyards have these scales as well, some can also split front-rear weight which is useful when dialing in your ride height.