Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By chopstik
#322521 well i have a 92 eg hatch, with a b18b1 block and a b20 (P8R-7) head. on my way home from work yesterday i spun a rod bearing >:( well im gonna pull that out and save it for some other day and i want to do a swap...maybe some engine work to go along with the swap. im not sure what i want to do tho..any ideas? maybe something unique? moneys not that big of an issue, i cant get crazy but..budget is lookin something like 4000 maybe more if its worth it..shoot me some ideas if your interested. im new to hondas so bare with me, i only know so much
By blk92hb
#322525 rebuild the block and run a turbo.

if the crank isnt to bad it can get machined then you can get the block bored.
By josh93coupe
#322527 What are you wanting power wise? Future goals?
By teal_dx
#322528 for $4k, your options are wide open... you'll have to stretch if you wanna get into K territory though. What kind of power do you want? Is boost an option on your daily driver? You can't go wrong with another B18 :thumb:
By chopstik
josh93coupe wrote:What are you wanting power wise? Future goals?
i would say im lookin for 210 or better to the wheels..high rpm. idk i would say a road racing type build. something driveable not to much for the car..turbos make you spin to much, not saying i dont like turbos but im not looking for that really lol i was thinking either a punched out b18 stroker with maybe one of those ebay piston and rod combo sets manley rod/cp pistons ect. i saw some cranks but didnt really look much maybe a stroker crank..higher comp pistons? not sure but along those lines, or a k20 with similar idea in mind..but now were talkin money so idk lol i need some input and advice
By chopstik
teal_dx wrote:for $4k, your options are wide open... you'll have to stretch if you wanna get into K territory though. What kind of power do you want? Is boost an option on your daily driver? You can't go wrong with another B18 :thumb:
boost is an option..i even thought about a pro charger or super charger..unless i had a boost setup were the turbo spools up fast
By chopstik
#322640 idk i dont want to boost but im not gonna say i wouldnt..ya know? this is a reality to not a fantasy so some good info would help..i already have most of the money..time is really my enemy with all the mandatory overtime
By 92civicEGsedan
#322648 i say f or h swap or even a j swap but i just like the motor sticking out of the hood in the j swap just makes it seem badass :thumb:
By xhardlinerx
#322812 What did you do that spun a bearing?

Just trying to prevent myself from doing that.
By HeikDiesel
#322814 You shouldn't have to worry about bearing failures. Keep your oil on the dip stick and you'll be fine