Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jagsrs28
#321990 Okay Ive got a Civic EG, and I have a need for speed. I have $4600 but I dont know what to buy for the car. I only though about the engine, a b18c1 which should leave me with $2600. So tell me what would you do with the $2600. I am gonna be using this car to drive to school and race a bit with friends.

Need any other information just ask.
By FG2_Andrew
#321993 First and foremost, welcome.

Secondly, if you're talking street racing.. DON'T DO IT. Keep it on the track.

Thirdly, with extra $$ I'd replace all the gaskets on the c1, then invest in a better suspension. Koni/Ground Control is the BEST on the market but will set you back a little over $1000 shipped. And the rest, I'd use for maintenance like new brakes, oil, coolant, etc. because even though most motors ordered are low miles that does need mean they were maintained well prior to pulling.
By HeikDiesel
#321994 If you found a full GSR swap for 2k that's a great deal. If that's the case it probably has a few miles on it and will need some love. By the time you do some maintenance and all your swap materials you are probably looking 2500 area. From there I would make plans for the car like power goals and choose modifications accordingly.
By teal_dx
#321995 I agree with both above posts. Be sure all proper maintenance is done on the motor. Get the rest of the car up to spec (good brakes, tires) then do suspension and you will have a fun car :thumb: