Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rustydx
#321859 Picked this up a couple weeks back. Has a horrible bondo job and want to fix it. Now where my girlfriend works she can get unlimited amounts of thin coated sheet metal, but its thin enough that I can bend it easily by hand. Should I cut out the bondo and replace with this metal she can get or wait until I have the extra money to get the replacement from fixmyrust.com?

Here are some pics of what it looks like

By brandoff88
#321860 as anyone will tell you, do it right the first time, and avoid doing it again, and having to spend more money, just wait till you can do it right
By teal_dx
#321865 for the price from Fixmyrust.com, you can't beat the amount of time you'll save with their pre-formed panels. Plus it sounds like the free stuff sounds kinda thin.
By rustydx
#321872 Ya its pretty thin. I appreciate all the feed back. I just hate the look of all that bondo
By FG2_Andrew
#321878 It may be shitty, but try your hand at fixing it for the time being. Not only will you make it look better, but if you ever run into an issue, you've had experience with it.