Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By AutoXRacer
MG6 wrote:nice but no disrespect to those who have big cans. :hehe:

But really, is it me or I am somewhat sick of seeing big exhaust on imports that doesn't do crap beside sound. I understand if you car is mod flat out and need that amount to push out all the pressure due to the load the engine makes... But for a standard engine with min mods (intake, cam, or lower)... Is an fat can exhaust make you proud?

I am hating but doesn't add up if you aren't pushing (force induction or all motor NA ) that requires that necessary exit of pressure.

just me and hating on rice tips.

Haha no worries, and the one reason I picked this one up is because I do love the sound of the Apexi N1 and also I am going to be boosting my B18C and hopefully seeing around 320-350hp, and definitely in need of a larger exhaust, so I won't have to buy it later down the road.
By MG6
AutoXRacer wrote:

But really, is it me or I am somewhat sick of seeing big exhaust on imports that doesn't do crap beside sound. I understand if you car is mod flat out and need that amount to push out all the pressure due to the load the engine makes... But for a standard engine with min mods (intake, cam, or lower)... Is an fat can exhaust make you proud?

I am hating but doesn't add up if you aren't pushing (force induction or all motor NA ) that requires that necessary exit of pressure.

Haha no worries, and the one reason I picked this one up is because I do love the sound of the Apexi N1 and also I am going to be boosting my B18C and hopefully seeing around 320-350hp, and definitely in need of a larger exhaust, so I won't have to buy it later down the road.

don't get me wrong. Love a nice exhaust on a sweet ride. Just don't like how owners get exhaust just for looks or sound but car is slower than stock due to the back pressure it creates with no mod. And running rich on the motor isn't good too.
By AutoXRacer
MG6 wrote:
AutoXRacer wrote:

don't get me wrong. Love a nice exhaust on a sweet ride. Just don't like how owners get exhaust just for looks or sound but car is slower than stock due to the back pressure it creates with no mod. And running rich on the motor isn't good too.

Haha yeah I know exactly what you mean. Like even get a stock size exhaust with a normal silenced canister and make it sound decent. No need for a huge 3" exhaust if your motor is stock. That can and will f*** shit up down the road.
By rob martin
#333376 Bump from the dead. To respond to a couple post ago. Mine is a og apexi slanted apexi n1