Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By J3TT
#319819 Hey guys, I think this is the right place to talk about this. I have a 94 teal dx with the d15 with 188k and it's still going strong. I have the typical honda rust but already have the replacements, just no welder at the moment. My question to you guys is...is it worth it? Is it worth it to put a good chunk of money into 15+ year old civics? I mean to me it is, but all my friends say it's not. You guys are honda nuts, talk me into it. Please haha. I love this car. Just need some support on this :D
By rustyrex
#319823 You already have your answer. You said YOU think its worth it. Why do you care what yourfriends say?
By bigJOE671
J3TT wrote:Hey guys, I think this is the right place to talk about this. I have a 94 teal dx with the d15 with 188k and it's still going strong. I have the typical honda rust but already have the replacements, just no welder at the moment. My question to you guys is...is it worth it? Is it worth it to put a good chunk of money into 15+ year old civics? I mean to me it is, but all my friends say it's not. You guys are honda nuts, talk me into it. Please haha. I love this car. Just need some support on this :D

If its worth it to you and if you are keeping your civic for a long time, then...you should do it!
By teal_dx
#319826 If you do the repairs yourself to save $$ and you know they are done right, then you're saving money in the long run vs buying a newer car.

These cars are probably the easiest car I have ever worked on. Newer cars only get more difficult...
By J3TT
#319829 Yea that's all true. I'm not the most talented mechanic but I can do alot of things. I have a friend who builds mini trucks and is working on a 53 chevy right now who has said he'll help with the body work and so on. I guess I'm gonna go for it! Why not? I'm young and have a full time job. Hmm 250$ monthly car payment OR tinker with MY CAR I OWN and make it what I want...guess it was a dumb question haha. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated on my progress as it happens. Just wish old man winter wasn't right around the corner though :(
By Uknterror
#319833 Thats good, that means time to save up money and decide on how you want to build your car. Plan everything out!
By Flatland_EG
#319855 The funny thing about EG's is that even the ones that aren't super clean turn more heads than a lot of new cars. I've actually had people in Audi's slow down in traffic to get a better look at my car and mine is nothing special to say the least. Just stick with it, you'll see what I mean. :thumb:
By iZack-Cards
#322021 im glad you hear your friends that makes you a good person but here is my story...

actually i own two cars one civic 08 coupe R18 and its a great car and i thought to buy a brand new car was the best option i could choose but when i realized i choosed the option of the ppl around me (dad, gf, friends, etc..) now i couldn't say that something is wrong with it, its a good car, its nice, have a good look, comfortable etc...

then like about 2 years ago i just take the desition to buy a Civic 93 HB it is complicated bcuz I live on Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico there was no Sale of this cars in my country but i found it and the difference with this car its when I drive it I feel just so good and ppl stops just to say what a pretty car or hey dude it is on sale??, even when i park next to a Mustang 68 acapulco ppl still look at mine...

nothing compares with the things that you want vs the things that ppl thinks is best
By Mr. Focus
#322041 Its your car, your money and your life....play it how you want to.

Mate, i'm 36 and owned a stack of cars....(both new and old) and to be honest, my EG is one of my favourite cars i've owned (the other was my gen 2 CRX). I've had more fun driving the civ than i did the whole time i owned my Benz (C180 kompressor).

They are a great car and there's plenty of parts available for them, which makes life very easy. GL with it mate and i hope to see build pics!
By Apexracing
J3TT wrote:Yea that's all true. I'm not the most talented mechanic but I can do alot of things. I have a friend who builds mini trucks and is working on a 53 chevy right now who has said he'll help with the body work and so on. I guess I'm gonna go for it! Why not? I'm young and have a full time job. Hmm 250$ monthly car payment OR tinker with MY CAR I OWN and make it what I want...guess it was a dumb question haha. Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated on my progress as it happens. Just wish old man winter wasn't right around the corner though :(

Hey another ny'er welcome where abouts are you from?
By EG Love
#322283 I won't hesitate to say our EG's rock! :D My uncle was the only one in my family who was good with mechanics and he told me it wasn't worth it to put money into an old car, but boy was he wrong, our little hatchies are the best :lol:

Everyone can enjoy their high car payments and high repair bills while I drive my paid for pride and joy with minor maintenance costs

Also loving the santa hats you guys have on your avatars lol! :lol:
By JDMLYFE
#322298 keep ot :thumb:

i bought a 95 hatch about a year ago, this thing was a mess, i put about 500 bux into it, just on amber corners, sduckbill spoiler etc and i get people slowing down to look to.. it could be because its TEAL tho :love:

now i need to do body work as it has honda cancer, its worth it! stock d15 for now, but i cant complain. 40 BUX TO FILL THE TANK