Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By NicholasHelium
#318068 I recently bought a 92 civic vx hatch and when the mornings started getting colder I found out that my rear defrosters wouldn't work at all. I did check the voltage in the wires and the right side puts out around 12 volts while the left shows zero. I did check both sides of the connector to see if that was bad, but there is nothing coming from the wire. I checked the fuze for rear defrost and that checks out as well. I don't really know much about this stuff so please help.
By EJ1_MK
#318080 There should be a relay for that as well to not allow it to have power at all times, but you might have a break in the actual window lines. inspect all the lines on the window. I Believe that one side is positive and the other negative and it the connection across the window is not there it won't do anything. If you find a break take a pencil and fill it in the lead in a number 2 pencil should solve it for the short time. But you might be best to find another rear window that is good.

But check the relay first and then trace the wires from the window and make sure there is no issues there as well.
By crazy-88
#318205 very informative. I will use these tips for my car. that rear defrost is really useful in the morning.