Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg6cx
#315185 Alright, so I have a 5-spd 94 cx hatch and I just put a 16v 94' dx head on the block. I have also converted the throttle body and injectors over to dx spec as well. However, I still have the stock CX exhaust mani on the block.

The problem I am having is that when I drive it, I am not getting much power. It struggles to get up into the higher RPMs when in gear. It revs up fine in nuetral, and my tranny is is good shape, but is my problem with the sluggishness my exhaust mani or the injectors or potentially something else like ECU and the fuel mapping for the DX?
By Aldo91
#315189 has the transmission been swapped yet? that could do it for you. swapping transmissions makes you feel the difference, hope this helps. :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#315192 The problem here is that you've modified an eco motor with an eco trans. You're looking at 80-100hp if everything is in gooood shape and fresh.

I've got a jdm d15b mated to a cx trans. My accel sucks. But in all honesty, an exhaust may help a little, but you aren't going to see much of a gain unless you go with a b7, z6, d15b, or better swap. And that goes for trans too.
By eg6cx
#315194 Well to better describe the sluggishness, it bogs down considerably when I apply the gas at a normal rpm like around 3000 to 3500 (guessing cause i dont have a tac). But it feels more like a fuel problem than a tranny issue. Ive been told it could be my fuel mapping in my stock CX ecu. Do you think swapping in a DX ecu with the proper fuel mapping would fix the issue?
By 92civic_vx
#315195 what ecu are u running?
By eg6cx
92civic_vx wrote:what ecu are u running?

Running the stock CX ecu, p05 i do believe.
By FG2_Andrew
#315197 You need the dx ecu. P06. I've got one ;)
By suspendedHatch
#315761 Aren't the CX pistons different than DX pistons? I think you would have really low compression now.