Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rtegra92
#314982 these wings seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-95-EG-EG6-Ci ... 2c&vxp=mtr

1. does any one have one and how does it fit

2. how many people will think less of me for getting one

3. its for a mold so i can make my own ...... promise
By Flatland_EG
#314983 2 is a non-issue, it doesn't matter what other people think.
It serves a purpose and it's not simply there to look pretty.
3 is cool if you want to try your hand at making your own but at the end of the day the bottom line is that it's still basically an ebay wing except you made it yourself which, without a doubt, does give you a great feeling of accomplishment.
I hope I don't come off as a dick, just trying to make a couple valid points is all. 8)
Basically, if you like the ebay wing buy it and rock the shit out of it. If you want to make your own as well go for it. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#315003 ya know im seriously thinking about getting one of these... like about 98% sure i will if i ever get another hatchback.

some say they look stupid and they are stupid expensive. i say they look wicked and if i can get a knockoff for cheap, why not :thumb:

EDIT: i just noticed something... arent the 3rd brake lights on the facotory wings? what do you do about that?
By rtegra92
TrailerTrash wrote:ya know im seriously thinking about getting one of these... like about 98% sure i will if i ever get another hatchback.

some say they look stupid and they are stupid expensive. i say they look wicked and if i can get a knockoff for cheap, why not :thumb:

EDIT: i just noticed something... arent the 3rd brake lights on the facotory wings? what do you do about that?

didnt think about that, i will think of something, no reason not to get it.
By FG2_Andrew
#315039 Yeah brand lips, spoilers, mirrors are dope. But paying $300 for a wing is stupid.. Unless you're a show car. Because I can spend $300 on a lot of other things, like maintenance.

I personally love the way they look and if you like it that's all that matters.
By teal_dx
EH2_andy wrote:Yeah brand lips, spoilers, mirrors are dope. But paying $300 for a wing is stupid.. Unless you're a show car. Because I can spend $300 on a lot of other things, like maintenance.

I agree... if it fits your budget then pick it up. And show us how you make your own :thumb:
By familyEGuy23
#315048 I'd rock it if I had a hatch I would get a BYS wing but I can't really justify spending so much money just for a wing, get the replica show us what you do with it :thumb:
By asianrob
rtegra92 wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:ya know im seriously thinking about getting one of these... like about 98% sure i will if i ever get another hatchback.

didnt think about that, i will think of something, no reason not to get it.

jsut tuck the plug in thats all. most states just require a left side or right side brake light ( here in oklahoma that is atleast) while 3rd brake light is just optional. but just FYI if there is a DICK cop they will pull you over. i got pulled over for my wiper box on my hatch, the cop was thinking it was a brake light when it wasnt. he let me go but i think its mainly because im asian in a lower honda. in a redneck town. but he let me go was cool about it but he was deff profiling. so in that case if your really want a 3RD brake light mod an LED strip or something its easier to fit and probably easier to make look clean.
By FG2_Andrew
#315085 around here. lots of guys run spoon duckbills w/o 3rds and never get dinged just because. it's usually an added on type thing..
By SCREECHO
#315156 holy shit for 130 bucks! fuck yes I would rock the hell out of it. long as you dont blatantly try make it seem as if your rocking a true bys one. ie- badge and such.
The legit ones run around 600-800.
When these fake ones came out, they were 450 or something stupid over price.
I couldnt rock it on my hatch, but for a cheap daily I be down.
The 3rd brake light is required in the majority of states/ countries. primarily for vehicles made after 1986.
I only remember the year because thats one of the differences between 86-87 carrera's.... and my 87's was removed.
By Flatland_EG
#315289 If I had a hatch I'd rock that sh*t, that style is really growing on me. 8)
Plus it's one more place to put an offensive sticker, like my "F*ck Your Prius" sticker I have on my back window, that the people behind you will have to read. :lol: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#315300 didnt even this about that :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#315413 Not a big fan, but then again I'm probably just butthurt I spent so much for the real thing and now people can buy them a dime a dozen. Would be interested to see how the weave compares.