Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDMLYFE
#314202 i have a 95 hatch, honda cancer on both rear quater panels, im buyin a friends old hatch that just got all new body work arounf the whole car, but now he has a 09 si. so im swapping the front fenders, hood, bumper etc. is there any way to swap rear quater panels? i really dont want to cut the old ones and weld new ones inh
By JDMLYFE
#314205 thoguth of that, but its the same motor d15 non vtec. and to go through insurance etc to switch cars is a pita, i dont mind swapping front end parts, but its the rear qp's. plus. i like mine lol i guess you can say im attached :lol:
By FG2_Andrew
#314211 So, making 2 phone calls is more of a pain than the HOURS of labor?
By TrailerTrash
EH2_andy wrote:So, making 2 phone calls is more of a pain than the HOURS of labor?
:werd:
By HungRealLow21
TrailerTrash wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:So, making 2 phone calls is more of a pain than the HOURS of labor?
:werd:

x2!!

lst time i switched insurance i stepped in wit my agent and 2 secs later we were done!
By Punksz6
#314221 [quote="JDMLYFE"]thoguth of that, but its the same motor d15 non vtec. and to go through insurance etc to switch cars is a pita, i dont mind swapping front end parts, but its the rear qp's. plus. i like mine lol i guess you can say im attached :lol:[/quote]

I know where your coming from with wanting to keep your car. I also wanted to switch shells, but I've been threw to much with my car. Yeah you can switch the quarters there the same you just.gotta cut them out and weld em back in. If you know how to weld then your good to go. :thumb:
By Apexracing

Days of sanding and prep, days. Just keep the good shell and be done with it.
By TrailerTrash
#314236 ooooorrrrrrr have 2 cars :)
By reyes09
#314237 Check first if the bodywork is actual metal. For all you know it's just bondo.
By TrailerTrash
reyes09 wrote:Check first if the bodywork is actual metal. For all you know it's just bondo.

use a magnet
By JDMLYFE
#314476 is there any way of just making 2 small cuts from where the rear fender peice comes up from above the door and one below the door? instead of just making a long cut across the whole back part of the car
By teal_dx
JDMLYFE wrote:is there any way of just making 2 small cuts from where the rear fender peice comes up from above the door and one below the door? instead of just making a long cut across the whole back part of the car

Not sure what you mean, but there's no easy way to replace the rear 1/4's. It's a pretty big job.
By reyes09
#314485 ^ +1213124012384512387489123784

you think its just the quarter panels. my rust visually was about an inch and half up the fender, passenger side looking worst than drivers...NOPE. the wheel well was rusted all the way down to the rear bumper on the driver side and the passenger was literally just the qp. go check teal_dx's build and youll see.

not trying to be an asshole and scare you off. but understand that this job can get bad real fast. make sure youre up for it.

and for pics. this is what i had to deal with
By JDMLYFE
#314531 k instead of cutting out just the bad parts and welding new metal in, isnt there any way i can just make the 1 cut above the door as its one whole paeice. and pull the hole peice off, and then weld in the new peice