Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By VTECfreak03
#313993 Hi, EG owners out there, i have a little question on b16 swaps. i live in north america, and i dont know which versions are aviable here can anyone help. and another question, im planning to get an 94' eg hatch and dont have a clue what to do for the b16 swap. like do i need different engine mounts and other stuff. Pleez reply. :?
By asianrob
#314030 we get the B16A2 and B16A3 (del sol Vtec and 99-00 Civic Si)

the one thats readily available are the 99-00 Si's or JDM B16A

if you get the 99-00 Si B16 you'll need to get OBD1 Vtec harness motor mounts and a few other things.

i think there is a thread on what all stuff you need on here.
By bigJOE671
VTECfreak03 wrote:Thanks alot man, and another question, im only 14 and joined the honda community a while ago,so i dont know much, can u tell me from ur opionin which engine is the best? :?

K20A type r...220hp!
By VTECfreak03
#314063 Thanks a lot guys, but if i take a 94' honda civic eg hatch and just shove a B16a into it will it fit? Do i need like a new engine mount and wiring?
By familyEGuy23
VTECfreak03 wrote:Thanks alot man, and another question, im only 14 and joined the honda community a while ago,so i dont know much, can u tell me from ur opionin which engine is the best? :?

Between those two motors id stick with the b16a3 off the del sol :thumb:
Everything off that del sol would be straight bolt on
Wiring harness
Ecu
Mounts
Axles
Motor & tranny (obviously) :lol:
Shift linkage
A/c stuff too :thumb:
By asianrob
familyEGuy23 wrote:

Between those two motors id stick with the b16a3 off the del sol :thumb:
Everything off that del sol would be straight bolt on
Wiring harness
Ecu
Mounts
Axles
Motor & tranny (obviously) :lol:
Shift linkage
A/c stuff too :thumb:

shift linkage is different but any 99-00 or integra should work.

id get B16 or an LS both can be had around 500-800 bucks for a long block and work your way from there.
By VTECfreak03
#314127 Thank u everybody, i really appreciate ur help.:lol: ok i take the eg engine out, put the new engine mounts, insert the b16, connect wires and program ecu? did i miss anything?
By familyEGuy23
VTECfreak03 wrote:Thank u everybody, i really appreciate ur help.:lol: ok i take the eg engine out, put the new engine mounts, insert the b16, connect wires and program ecu? did i miss anything?

While motor is out it would be a good idea to replace timing belt, water pump, oil pump, timing belt tensioner :thumb:
By couch_c
#314135 don't forget the axles, and don't you have to change out the radiator too? for the b16 one?I know our d series radiators are smaller.
By VTECfreak03
#314210 THANK YOU ALL! :thumb: :thumb: When i start my build/swap and have any questions, i'll post agian. THANKS AGIAN!! P.S does anyone know how to save this page so i can store the info?
By bigJOE671
VTECfreak03 wrote:THANK YOU ALL! :thumb: :thumb: When i start my build/swap and have any questions, i'll post agian. THANKS AGIAN!! P.S does anyone know how to save this page so i can store the info?

Hit "Ctrl+D" on your keyboard and it will save the page to bookmarks...don't ever try "Alt+F4"
By Apexracing
couch_c wrote:don't forget the axles, and don't you have to change out the radiator too? for the b16 one?I know our d series radiators are smaller.

debatable, but it never hurts to get an aftermarket radiator.