Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Toophi3chrisEGHBK
#313950 I am considering doing an LS swap on my 93 hatch. i was wondering if anyone who has done this already has any pointers or things to watch out for to help me. The car is my daily, and i would like to have this done ASAP when i can get the stuff i need. thanks for the help!
By asianrob
#313959 i would try to pick up an LS swap from a 94-95 integra. it would be the easiest and everything would bolt right in. but i would also do the t-belt water pump and any other maintenance before swapping it in.
By EG Love
#314551 I just swapped an ls into my 93 si hatch over last winter. It was my first swap and my first time doing a lot of things. I used:

Obd1 swap (94-95 like stated)
Everything plugged right in. The only issue I had was a couple sensors on the intakes manifold. I had to cut some wire loom back so that 2 plugs could reach longer.
Integra shift linkage
Integra throttle cable
all round b series mounts
Ls ecu (p75?)
B series half shaft/intermediate shaft
b series axles
B series Rad hoses (bottom one somewhat optional)
b series exhaust manifold/header
I know I'm forgetting a lot - pm me with any questions, ill try to answer them

I almost made the mistake of unplugging every sensor and removing wire harness from my stock dbseries engine. Just unplug your engine harness at the shock towers on each side and fold them over the engine. The engine/trans will come out with all the wiring, then once out of the car you can unplug the harness off the engine and plug it onto the ls engine. Then drop the ls in and plug in at the shock towers.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone

Really put an effort into making sure you're buying from an honest seller, it makes all the difference.. this took me all winter on weekends but mind you I sat in my bay for days cleaning and I cleaned everthijg I touched. Also searched for and bought parts as I went like axles, t cable, gaskets..
By SCREECHO
#314651 dont need a integra throttle cable, stock eg will work.
I believe the d series and b series mounts interchange. Its been a few years since I did a d to b swap though. just got to swap the engine mount. integra is 3 holes d series is 2 holes.
The ecu, pr4 obd1 is a ls.
p75 could be a obd2 so carefull when purchasing.
seems like everything else is straight.
By EG Love
#314675 I think you need the rear t bracket from a b series too but not positive. Yeah the throttle cable will work but you gotta custom a new bracket for it right? I didn't know how to do that so I just got an Integra one and it lined right up
By SCREECHO
#314739 just need that hook bracket thing.
yeah forgot about that stupid bracket you need from an integra. I hate that k bracket. not sure if thats what its called, but looks like a "k" lol
but a new throttle is like what 30 bucks or something from karcepts. its cheap. but still need the throttle holding bracket.
By asianrob
#314754 D series throttle cables are way too short.
just get the Throttle cable from the LS ( if it didnt come with it you can use LS, ITR or B16) its 25 from honda/acura

you need the rear T bracket from 94-01 integra.

as far as mounts go your going from a D series to a B series. if your swap didnt come with the 3 Bolt mount on the driver side, you can pick one up for cheap at any salvage yards. Most EX sedans and coupes and i think Si's (92-95) had that 3Bolt mount. it looks aluminum. trans mount might be the same if i remember right.
By Toophi3chrisEGHBK
#319978 Thanks for all the responses, I'll update you guys when i figure out what I am going to do :)
By slow4dr
#320036 You can use the drivers side mount. If its not the 3 bolt, unbolt the post mount ( the piece that's bolted to the engine that the mount bolts to) and bolt it to the b series
By digemz
SCREECHO wrote:dont need a integra throttle cable, stock eg will work.
I believe the d series and b series mounts interchange. Its been a few years since I did a d to b swap though. just got to swap the engine mount. integra is 3 holes d series is 2 holes.
The ecu, pr4 obd1 is a ls.
p75 could be a obd2 so carefull when purchasing.
seems like everything else is straight.

my P75 ECU is OBD1. Looks like the second from the bottom in this picture
By digemz
#321961 Image
By josh93coupe
#322001 I just did mine also, EASY as long as you have everything needed. Just make sure you know what your doing and you buy good parts from reputable people. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.
By 94eg_DJ
#322586 im doing the same :) hope its as easy as you guys say the only thing i would have trouble is in the harness im not good at remembering were they go :( any thing you guys do to help?
Byjdmfanbrat
#324015 as long as you get obd1 everything will be simple.
By 94eg_DJ
#324140 yeah im going obd1 so it'll be way easier now