Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By boxter
#312224 So i have a JDM civic EG4. 1995. Apparently theres no VIN.
How can i find out the model of it? (Eg. DX LX VTi etc.)
By TrailerTrash
#312243 someone removed the vin? isnt that highly illegal and renders the car unsellable/insurable/ect?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#312245 Shady! Prolly a stolen vehicle bro... Get it checked out
By suspendedHatch
#312534 He said it's JDM. Laws are different over there. I got an imported Type R trans with no serial, doesn't make it stolen lol.

Look for the frame number. I'm not sure where they are, probably stamped into the firewall, but you wont find it on the dash like you do with a VIN.
By fatcoupe
#312581 for it to be registered and take ownership of it here stateside you HAVE to have a vin or tracking number that can be traced to the original "ownership"
By asianrob
fatcoupe wrote:for it to be registered and take ownership of it here stateside you HAVE to have a vin or tracking number that can be traced to the original "ownership"

if its a imported vehicle you will need to make sure it passes DOT and then they will issue you a US vin for that vehicle. sounds easy but its alttle more work then that.
By boxter
#312780 There is a number on the blue sticker/metal on the front.. Dont know if that can help me to find the model of it..
By asianrob
boxter wrote:There is a number on the blue sticker/metal on the front.. Dont know if that can help me to find the model of it..

if it looks like this it will tell you your chassis code and your serial number

Image[/url]
By boxter
#312806 Yea thats it. How can i use that to find out which model (EX, DX, VTi etc.) i have??
By kapow
boxter wrote:Yea thats it. How can i use that to find out which model (EX, DX, VTi etc.) i have??

Usually there's badges on the back of the car, GL GLi, VX, etc If not look at the engine number
Last edited by kapow on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Datsmart
#312851 The following web site has a break down of Honda VIN numbers.
http://members.multimania.nl/hendrik/honda/vin.htm

Position 8 in the VIN has the Type of car you have.
The posted picture of a VIN uses Japanese caricatures. I wouldn't know which is position 8 in that.
By boxter
#312853 That is what i would like to know.
How to find my model based on the "blue sticker" code.. Anyone?
By kapow
boxter wrote:So i have a JDM civic EG4. 1995. Apparently theres no VIN.
How can i find out the model of it? (Eg. DX LX VTi etc.)

Seeing that yours is an EG4, and judging by your profile your location is unknown. Your's is equivalent to an Australian Civic GLi with the D15B7 engine