Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Maly
#311247 Hey guys, I'm just looking for some clarification, I'm looking to swap a gsr motor from mt 92 teg gsr to my 92 hatch, I've been reading up on it and some guides are telling me I can use my mounts and some aren't, do I need to buy new mounts? Also shift linkage, I'm assuming I need to buy new as well? Keep in my I have the full integra if I need parts off it, thanks for the help guys.
By Leppy
#311273 Did a quick visual search through the DIY section listed on this site.

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=28
and
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=911

I'm not gonna give you much flak about it, but just use the search feature on here and you'll find anything you need to know. If you can't, then we'll all be happy to help.

Either way, i'm jealous you have a doner integra! I wish I had one when I did my JDM B18C swap into my 92 sedan. I'd have swapped the LCA's, brakes, dashboard, and seats while I had it all apart.
By Maly
Leppy wrote:Did a quick visual search through the DIY section listed on this site.

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=28
and
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=911

I'm not gonna give you much flak about it, but just use the search feature on here and you'll find anything you need to know. If you can't, then we'll all be happy to help.

Either way, i'm jealous you have a doner integra! I wish I had one when I did my JDM B18C swap into my 92 sedan. I'd have swapped the LCA's, brakes, dashboard, and seats while I had it all apart.

My apologies, I was looking for b17 guides, yeah I bought the car for 400$ complete, blown clutch, I'm going to be taking what I need from it and then parting out the rest and scraping the shell sadly since no one in my town is big into imports. I've also got two 92 eg's, one I'm going to be using what I can from it and then parting out the rest, the other I'm swaping the gsr in to.

Here my two hatch's (yes I know I instagram'd them, haha)

and here's the teg;

And reading from one of those guides, I can reuse the motor mounts from the integra to swap into the civic? I don't want to buy mounts if I don't have too,

Thanks!

ps; pics of your ride?
By HungRealLow21
Maly wrote:And reading from one of those guides, I can reuse the motor mounts from the integra to swap into the civic? I don't want to buy mounts if I don't have too,

Thanks!

ps; pics of your ride?

no you cant its a completely different chasi if it was a 94-2001 then yea but the mounts on the da are so much different than eg ones also i assume thats a b17 gsr and a cable trans so your going to need a hydro trans or convert it to hydro !
By Maly
HungRealLow21 wrote:
Maly wrote:And reading from one of those guides, I can reuse the motor mounts from the integra to swap into the civic? I don't want to buy mounts if I don't have too,

Thanks!

ps; pics of your ride?

no you cant its a completely different chasi if it was a 94-2001 then yea but the mounts on the da are so much different than eg ones also i assume thats a b17 gsr and a cable trans so your going to need a hydro trans or convert it to hydro !

Gotcha, I'll have to look into this, thanks!
By Leppy
#311319 lol, sorry 'bout that. lol, I assumed by GSR you meant a DC with a B18.

You might be able to get the B17 to mate up with a newer B-series transmission so you don't have to worry about cable vs hydro linkages . I don't have any experience working with a DA chassis or the older B-series motors aside from driving one. I would start by looking at both motors (B17 and newer B18's) to see if the mounts are in the same place on the block. If they are, you could source some DC 'teggy mounts. Also you'd have to compare the wiring harnesses to make sure everything fits to the EG. If not, you'll have to have both harnesses and wiring diagrams and do some splicing. I have a feeling there's some custom work involved. Doable, but not a direct swap.

Pics of my ride? I've got a thread full of pics right here if you're interested.
By Maly
#311320 My buddy has a b18 in his garage I'll have to look at and see if the mounts are similar, if worst comes to worse I can more than likely get the b18 off him, it's from a mid 90s teg I think, I have no idea, we picked up the car for 100$ off some kid that used it as a farm vehicle, I have a ton of pictures I'll upload, but 94+ integra's are a more direct swap?

EDIT:

Here's two pictures of the teg my buddy picked up;

Kid raced it through a field, thing was totalled but for a 100$, can't go wrong, my buddy got the seats redone and their in his sedan now.
By Leppy
Maly wrote:My buddy has a b18 in his garage I'll have to look at and see if the mounts are similar, if worst comes to worse I can more than likely get the b18 off him, it's from a mid 90s teg I think, I have no idea, we picked up the car for 100$ off some kid that used it as a farm vehicle, I have a ton of pictures I'll upload, but 94+ integra's are a more direct swap?

That would be an easier deal. Yeah the 94+ integra's will pretty much bolt on to the EG's. If you get that motor, those posts I linked earlier will be helpful. You'd need the mounts, axles, wiring harness, etc, from the 'teggy.
By Maly
Leppy wrote:
Maly wrote:My buddy has a b18 in his garage I'll have to look at and see if the mounts are similar, if worst comes to worse I can more than likely get the b18 off him, it's from a mid 90s teg I think, I have no idea, we picked up the car for 100$ off some kid that used it as a farm vehicle, I have a ton of pictures I'll upload, but 94+ integra's are a more direct swap?

That would be an easier deal. Yeah the 94+ integra's will pretty much bolt on to the EG's. If you get that motor, those posts I linked earlier will be helpful. You'd need the mounts, axles, wiring harness, etc, from the 'teggy.

Thanks, yeah we pulled everything from the car that we thought we would need, and anything that was still good, which wasn't much, haha.
By 1ACarlos
#311369 Big project there.