Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93EgSedan
#310851 So my speedometer on my cluster wasnt working neither were the cluster lights, so my friend gave me a cluster i put it in and only the tempertature, gas, and rpm gauges work. Idk what it could be any ideas? :?
By cruzan
#310871 Ur speed sensor
By 93EgSedan
cruzan wrote:Ur speed sensor

It doesnt have the plug, do you think thats the problem?
By 93EgSedan
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:What engine / transmission / year eg do you have?

The speed sensor is at the back of the tranny on the left side behind the starter.

Its 94 hatchback dx with an ls b18 swap, and i think the tranny is off a gsr.
By 93EgSedan
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:Did this happen right after the swap? Or randomyly?

I traded the my sedan for the hatch, so I wouldnt know but thats the problem with it, also has check engine light.
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#310994 The check engine light will come on when there is a random difference in power I.e downshift or low low revs because the speed sensor isn't telling it what to think.
By 93EgSedan
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:The check engine light will come on when there is a random difference in power I.e downshift or low low revs because the speed sensor isn't telling it what to think.

So would i need a new harness?
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#310998 Nope. I am just trying to understand a little. Is there no Soeed sensor on the tranny al all? or you just dont have the plug to go into it?
By 93EgSedan
1992HondaCivicHatchDX wrote:Nope. I am just trying to understand a little. Is there no Soeed sensor on the tranny al all? or you just dont have the plug to go into it?

I dont have the plug it only has the two white one that connect in the corner of the cluster and the yellow one, but doesnt have the green one.
By fflaco83
#311019 might be a dumb question, but have u found the speed sensor? took it off the transmission? :?
By TrailerTrash
#311053 if the speed sensor is bad/not plugged in, it will throw the code for the VSS. check the codes!
By bradleyg
#311060 Its sounds like you have alot of learning to do.
Here's What you should do:
Read this guide on how to check the CEL codes: http://check-engine-light-codes.blogspot.com/2006/04/honda-1990-1995-obd1-code-retrieval.html
Then make sure you have a piece of wire or something in your car. Drive around until you get the Check engine light to come on. Once it comes on pull over and stick one end of your wire in one of the holes on the connector and then stick the other end of the wire into the other hole. Watch the CEL on the dash as it flashes and count following the rules/steps in the guide. If it throws a 17 (One long flash followed by 7 short flashes) that means its your Speed Sensor.

The Speed sensor is on the back side of the transmission (left side of your engine bay) way down there. Check that out see if its plugged in, maybe it got wet and fried itself who knows.

Good luck :thumb: