Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By fflaco83
#309863 i bought a 94 hatchback si not too long ago and the hood has always been messed up, i just bought new oem fenders and bumpers, after installing everything fits just fine but the hood, im wondering if my hood came off a sedan 4 door model, anybody know if the hood from a si hatcback is different than the sedan 4 door's?
By TrailerTrash
#309864 coupe/hatch hoods are different than 4 door hoods. they are kinda longer
By fflaco83
#309867 thats what i was thinking, because the hood sits fine on the windshield side but at the nose of the car it overlaps on the fenders, its too wide on the nose, do u know any website where i can get a hood for a decent price?
By poorman type-r
fflaco83 wrote:thats what i was thinking, because the hood sits fine on the windshield side but at the nose of the car it overlaps on the fenders, its too wide on the nose, do u know any website where i can get a hood for a decent price?

Craigslist.
By fflaco83
#309869 i never said cheap, believe me i've put a lot of money in my ride, like i said: DECENT PRICE, im not looking for cheap but at the same time im not gonna buy a $700 cb hood
By poorman type-r
fflaco83 wrote:i never said cheap, believe me i've put a lot of money in my ride, like i said: DECENT PRICE, im not looking for cheap but at the same time im not gonna buy a $700 cb hood

Not everything on Craigslist is cheap. Plus, you will need to paint the hood if you buy it new since they only come in black.

Anyways, here you go: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/v5/?N= ... niversal:0)&sv=0
By fflaco83
#309947 Thanks dude my hatch is black so I'm ok with it
By Rotary_EG4dr
#309948 off topic: wow! glad i read this thread! i was gonna grab a Hatch's hood from the Junkyard cause its perfect! lol didn't know they were different!

on topic: i've gotten some screaming deals on craigslist, i would always check there first, then move out to ordering one online.
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#310893 If you live in canada, there is a company called C.A.P.S (Canadian Auto Parts Suppliers) and they sell the hatch brand new (primer black) for around 100$CAN. Other than that if you want to spend less go to a wreck yard and fine on, then paint it to match your car.
By brandoff88
#310932 i got mine off amazon.com for 40 bucks or so..shipping was a pain but for about 100 bucks i was happy, fits fatastic, just dont get thier "replacement" bumpers :thumbdown: