Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93EgSedan
#309763 Thanks guys, put a new radiator on it runs great and no over heat!
thanks for the help got my a hatch now! :woot:
Last edited by 93EgSedan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 93EgSedan
blk92hb wrote:Thermostat, fan switch, rad fan, no coolant.

Yea i was thinking the radiator cause the guy said the one one on the car is clogged :roll: :roll:
By FG2_Andrew
#309784 What's great about our cars is that parts are cheap. Fix it all, and if it doesn't solve the problem - hey, you have new parts!
By brandoff88
EH2_andy wrote:What's great about our cars is that parts are cheap. Fix it all, and if it doesn't solve the problem - hey, you have new parts!

hehe thats true but i would start with thermostat and give it a good flush before you replace it...put in the new thermo, then refill and take a drive...dont forget to bleed the system though or you'll get eratic idle issues..
By Wicked
#309787 If its sptting blue smoke as well its the head gasket. You can also check the dip stick and see if the oil is getting water in it. Will also tell you if its the head gasket.
By 93EgSedan
#309789 Thanks guys, put a new radiator on it runs great and no over heat!
thanks for the help! :woot:
By TrailerTrash
brandoff88 wrote:
dont forget to bleed the system though or you'll get eratic idle issues..

this! :thumb:
By brandoff88
#309806 i know i always forget to do that...then im like wtf why does my shit run like crap...and im like.. [smilie=BangHead.gif] damn forgot to bleed it..lol
By 93EgSedan
brandoff88 wrote:i know i always forget to do that...then im like wtf why does my shit run like crap...and im like.. [smilie=BangHead.gif] damn forgot to bleed it..lol

:thumb: for real man
By brandoff88
#309836 i even made sure to write a check list, cuz im a tard like that, before i replaced a blown radiator hose, and that was on there but it got dark so i just rushed it and thought back and was like shit....i skipped a step lol