Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG Love
#309209 I noticed a few members on here are rocking the yonaka cat-back exhaust 8) I purchased one for my car and its finally time to install it. Started up my ls swap today for the first time and it ran nice and smooth - but loud since only the dc sports 4-2-1 header is installed, lol.

I put the yonaka resonator pipe piece on its hangers and measured the gap between it and the header, and I need like a 15 & 3/4" to 16" long cat with a 2.36" outlet correct? I also measured the outlet of my header and it was about 1.87 inch so i've been looking for a 2"inlet/2.36"outlet cat.. I know a lot of people run test pipes and just get muffler shops to weld pipe in but I really want a cat in there to help the sound quality and the environment of course right? :hehe:

What do you guys have for cats? Is everyone running straight-pipes? Also if I get a univeral cat with adjustable flanges, do the inlet/outlets have to be the right sizes? Sorry, I'm lost when it comes to this

Last edited by EG Love on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EG Love
#310934 had a problem with the trans so its back out but i'm still wondering what i need for a cat. will any size universal cat work or do i need the inlet/outlet sizes to match my header and cat-back exhaust?
By chrono404
#310938 Find a high flow from here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hig ... &_osacat=0

Have an exhaust shop shorten or legthen as needed. As long as you get the correct size of piping you should be okay.

Most Cat's will deepen exhaust notes as well as help the environment.
By EG Love
#310939 Ok

I'm considering this one. It says cat converter but also says test pipe so I'm wondering whether its actually a cat or if its just hollowed out. seems pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-00-CIVIC-DX- ... 650wt_1396
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#311000 The photos people use on ebay are usually universal so you really cant tell until you get it. From the description I'd say that is a cat.
By EG Love
#311001 Yeah i'm not expecting it to look very identical but like you said it does say cat converter and nothing about a test pipe, and the sizes are there so ill give it a try
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#311002 What year EG do you have? over 20? TEST PIPE! I just put mine in and still sounds amazing but less restriction.
By EG Love
#311004 we dont have any emissions testing here in NB anyway, but I'm set on getting a cat. I think the difference between a test pipe and a high-flow cat wouldnt be even 1hp so for that reason combined with a deeper tone and better for the environment I'm set on getting a cat for it
By EG Love
#311132 i was suspecting that as well.. seems hard to find a decent cat with the proper sizes :thumbdown:
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#311229 All I'm doing, is taking my old cat, punching out the honeycomb, and selling the titanium inside for around 80$. Makes it legal but gives more air flow :D
By EG Love
#312185 I ordered a 2.25" yonaka high flow stainless steel cat for 65 bucks only 10 bucks shipping. Can't wait to get it installed