Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RUDDAWG28
#308427 What's up Guys .. I just dyno my car it redlines at 8600 .. And when i left the shop I tried to redline to 8600 n it cut off at 7200 could it be my ecu or my cluster being bad .. Shop says its my tach (cluster) help plZzzz..
By RUDDAWG28
#308491 B18b block /b16 head
Crower 403 cams
Blox valve train
Ported head matched manni/ tb
Skunk2 manni
Omni 68mm tb
Real RAGE HEADERss
Rc 310 injectors /Godspeed fuel rail
193 hp 140 tq have dyno sheet as well
By RUDDAWG28
#308495 When I floor my car rpm (7200)I get cel flash in every gear I don't know if it's my ecu or my cluster ...
By TrailerTrash
RUDDAWG28 wrote:When I floor my car rpm (7200)I get cel flash in every gear I don't know if it's my ecu or my cluster ...

shift light?

take it to your tuner and tell him about it.
By suspendedHatch
#308546 The cluster will never prevent you from reaching a particular RPM. Only the ECU can govern that.

Use the diagnostic plug connector to check for stored codes. Very strange that it worked fine on the dyno and not after. They must have unhooked a sensor and that should throw a check engine light. Does the light come on with the rest of the lights when the key is on engine off?
By Gustavo
#308559 x2 it's got 2b related 2 ur ECU.
By RUDDAWG28
#308575 Check engine turn on when keys on n goes off after a sec. I have no cel light on .. Only time I get it at 7200 which is stock, chokes the engine like a fuel cut off ..
By bigJOE671
#308580 First off do you have a jdm cluster?

I had the same problem with mine (jdm cluster). I had a stock motor B16A and it only redlined at 7800. I held the gas in to double check and it just bounced of the rev limiter. When everyone know a B16 motor redlines at 8200.

For me the problem was with the cluster. I just adjusted the potentiometers in the back and got it where the redline need to be

The check in engine light coming on at that cluster is your shift light. You can have that taken off by the person who tuned your car if you want. Its an option in the tuning software.
By RUDDAWG28
#308610 It's not jdm cluster si redlines at 7200... Does the stock still have the adjusting (portentiometer) if so I'm gunna try that today after work this is my dd ..
By bigJOE671
RUDDAWG28 wrote:It's not jdm cluster si redlines at 7200... Does the stock still have the adjusting (portentiometer) if so I'm gunna try that today after work this is my dd ..

I don't know if the stock has the potentiometer but you can take out the rpm gauge to check.
By EJ1_MK
#308663 The cluster has nothing to do with all of that you need to take it back to the shop who dyno'd it and have them check if it went into limp mode from a log issue.

What engine management are you using?
By bigJOE671
#308695 Here's a lil info...I know, you have a stock cluster but this is just to further your knowledge

This is how i fixed my indicated rpm...not sure if it can fix yours.

http://honda-eg6.blogspot.com/2010/10/r ... ow-to.html
By RUDDAWG28
#309834 Okay I found the problem it was my cluster .. Bought a sir eg cluster today at revs to 8600 no problem .. Thanks guys for all the input..