Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG Love
#308148 hey guys!

almost done swapping a b18b1 into my 93 si hatch. I'm missing the plug in for the IAT sensor on the intake manifold. so i unplugged a couple from behind the manifold and one seems to reach it, but now ive got another empty plug and a short wire. can anyone shed some light on where these plugs go? and is the IAT sensor necessary when swapping to this? I don't think my d16z6 engine had one.. or did it

any help is greatly appreciated. I looked on my cousins ls integra, and he has a wire running from his fuel rail harness to the sensor. but i have no wire/plug running from there. tried searching but can't find anything at all, so im thinking maybe its something simple
Last edited by EG Love on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#308150 That white plug is for the IAT sensor :thumb:
You need it plugged in. The z6 has one on the bottom/back of the intake manifold, on the 2nd or 3rd runner.
Last edited by teal_dx on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EG Love
#308151 is it?? OK, that helps! :D but do you know what the other plug is for then?
By EG Love
#308157 I found this picture on google. I think its a d series manifold. This pic leads me to believe that the grey one is indeed for the purge solenoid since its so close by. But the b18b1 IAT is further.. I'll try plugging both in again when I'm back with the car

By EG Love
#308163 Image

had someone send me some pictures, so theyre still not very good lol.. but the grey plugs wires are yellow and red i believe

top of my purge solenoid might be broke off too, hmm.
By EG Love
#308622 what i did was removed the loom from the harness where the white iat sensor comes off of. that way the wires can go opposite directions of each other and still reach their sensors. idk if this is always necessary with this swap but seems to be the simple solution for me.
There was also some tension on the iat wires that i didnt like though, so i put a black zip tie around the main harness under the manifold to hold it up tight :thumb: thanks guys. now to replace a new-found leaking clutch line lol