Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By reaperstk
#307215 just recently, seems like it started when hot summer came around, sometimes i cant turn over the car, i did research and most ppl are saying its the main relay since id have to wait till the check light dissappear in order to turn over, now its laggin to the point where if im around 20mph, it feels as if something is pulling/jerking the car back and then goes back to normal, it does it here and there not just at 20mph, someone said it might be my fuel tank thingiy in the back seat, so is it that my main relay not sending fuel? or is it both main relay and fuel? or is it something else
By FG2_Andrew
#307226 Main relay probably just needs all the points resoldered.
By reaperstk
#307284 now its blowing white smoke, damn this car
By slow4dr
#307286 That would be the head gasket
By reaperstk
#307288 yep, time for a new motor, any1 has a site for a good motor for the money, im looking into b series, need a dependable motor, not planning on hitting the track, just dd
By FG2_Andrew
#307295 Junkyard or Craigslist. Don't search for "d16z6" or anything similar, look for a partout or civic motor. That way it won't be ragged.
By brandoff88
#307345 well depending on what you want to spend that might be a better idea, but also you get what you pay for so do be careful
By suspendedHatch
#307437 No, that's not the main relay. The main relay either works or it doesn't. It doesn't cause poor performance and it doesn't throw a CEL.
By FG2_Andrew
suspendedHatch wrote:No, that's not the main relay. The main relay either works or it doesn't. It doesn't cause poor performance and it doesn't throw a CEL.

My girls lude wouldnt start in the heat and shuttered when driving.. Was the m/r
By reaperstk
#307538 im probably goin for b20 for cheap now amn itll b way easier since i have a b18b1, also it doesnt stutter down and die, it just wont turn until a couple tries, cel is not on either, wat i meant was when u turn the key where you see all the lights come on but not all the way, id have to wait till the cel goes off then turn on for it to work
By Ecc0
#307590 You should always wait to start your car anyway.

The reason your cel light is on when you turn the key to the first click is so the car can check itself and prime the fuel pump, by just putting the key in and starting the car right away without priming the fuel pump ect it doesn't give your engine time to prep itself properly
By FG2_Andrew
#308139 i'm thinking something is missing from what you're telling us. i HIGHLY doubt simply swapping the motor is going to completely clear this up :?

maybe i'm wrong. but good luck and post back with results.
By reaperstk
#308162 well now the lagging went away without me doin anything so hopefully it doesnt come back
By reaperstk
#311355 found out one of the problems it wasnt starting was just the main relay not clicking before i turn it over, but the problem where it lags/lose power also came back