Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By FG2_Andrew
#306898 Google man.
By Apexracing
Kurt wrote:I have a 93 eg hatchback and i'm confused on what kind of muffler/exhaust and headers should i use because know nothing about it.
:?

What model civc do you have? That will go a long way to getting an accurate answer.
By teal_dx
EH2_andy wrote:Google man.

Yeah he should have searched before asking. But at the same time, if you aren't going to post anything helpful... why post at all?

As Apexracing said,
we need more info about your car :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#306911 Because this has been covered in at least 2 other threads this week.
By JohnRM
#306916 I'm a fan of quiet exhaust systems, so I would get a Yonaka exhaust, World Sport 2, or a Medallion Touring exhaust.
By rtegra92
#307088 i would get the cheap ebay exhaust chop off the muffler and get one i like, then have a muffler shop put them together,

some may not like this cuz its not ...... "ligit"

i found pipe and bends at a local recycling center and made an exhaust out of it

then you save money for the next mod, just floating some ideas your way

all in all ..... HAVE FUN WITH IT .
By suspendedHatch
EH2_andy wrote:Because this has been covered in at least 2 other threads this week.

True, and I understand your frustration when people are too lazy to look before posting. But we like to keep things positive on this forum.

I think a good response would be a couple links to the other threads on the same topic. Nothing needs to be said. The OP will get the idea.
By Kurt
#307531 I have a stock ph12 16 valve. Sorry for the noob question, i'm a newbie from philippines
By SloCivic
#310324 I'm about my car being quiet and not sounding raspy. When I had my single-cam I ran a DC sport header, replaced the catalytic converter with a resonator, more piping, one more resonator and then a vibrant stealth muffler. Looks good, sounds amazing.

By endlessEG
#310705 Here you go man, this is a greddy evo2 full catback, it on my friends ek but will sound very similar on an eg. My friend apologizes for his shifting on the second video hes only been driving 5-speed a week :)

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w192 ... 25_140.mp4

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w192 ... 19_805.mp4
By chrono404
#310709 Another inexpensive option would be to get a Vibrant racing muffler, Its a turbo style muffler which gives a low rumbley exhaust note and be quite, then get either ebay stainless steal exhaust and have it welded in or have an exhaust shop make you custom exhaust from cat back to the vibrant muffler.

This will not give you the typical fart pipe sound, it will also give you a good deal of performance and not have to worry about being to loud as to catch police attention.
By vt_eg
#310862 i'm running a OBX twin loop muffler. it's a knockoff of the mugen muffler
http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1138

they're cheaply accessible on ebay, small muffler tip, quiet, and give some back pressure for your low end acceleration

as for the header, I am using DC sports 4-1 header. eventhough it's designed for more high end rpm increase, it gives you a more drastic difference in performance that is noticeable compare to the typical 4-2-1 designs.

if your civic is fully stock, it almost doesn't matter what type of exhaust you get. it would be more of a preference on looks and sound