Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#310894 My setup is a 92 hatch D15B7 with full exhaust and intake. I left the stock cat but have full headers and a Magnaflow catback. There is NO raspyness what so ever. An amazing deep muffle. Ive just ahcnged my stock cat to a test pipe (yay over 20 years old no cat required!) and its a little raspyer, but if you keep the stock cat, you will have an amazing sounding EG.

here is the catback I have.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... oducts.asp

Just make sure you get the correct system for your body (CX,DX,SI) :thumb:
By EG Love
#310981 just to add to that:

you can replace your stock cat with a new high flow cat which will also keep rasp to a minimum while at the same time allowing more airflow compared to a dirty old original cat.

resonators and catalytic converters (cats) will generally help reduce raspiness in an exhaust system

As far as i know, all EG hatchback civic trims (cx, si) would use the same exhaust front to back. Coupe and sedans are longer than the hatchback, so their cat-back exhausts (the exhaust from the cat to the back of the car) will be longer

Also, our cars only have one cylinder head, so they only require one header. A header is an exhaust manifold where all the piping is close to equal lengths resulting in better exhaust flow. So it wouldn't be pronounced headers, since we only require one header. V style engines like V6, V8, etc use multiple headers.. one for each head on each side

On our stock engines, even a 2.25 inch wide exhaust should be plenty wide enough (diameter) for good flow. If you start going overboard, you'll lose noticable low and mid range rpm power..

I very well might be wrong but this information is what i've heard/read and I hope it helps