Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDMLYFE
#306315 whats up , got a d15, theres a rattling noise coming from engine, its hard to explain, it rattles once i left off the gas, someone told me exhaust sensor? :o
By fatcoupe
#306365 first thing to check is always the bolts and 02. they may be loose and causing ur rattle. check the bolts that hold it on the head, the bolts that connect if to your piping and the 02. good luck! :thumb:
By JDMLYFE
#306399 yea the heatshield is good, ill check the o2 sensor, how do i take a video and post it up?
By tealEG
#306456 yeah theres usually a thin washer on the o2 sensor that when the o2 is loose it rattles..kinda makes the sound of a valve tick..
By suspendedHatch
#306775 The heat shield on top of the cat converter is notorious for this.

Don't touch a hot cat converter. 1300 degrees F will do some damage.

I hope it's not that other kind of rattle, deep in the block... the one that says "you're f***ed".
By JDMLYFE
#306978 lol im a eeeeediot, i had to move my o2 sensor to thr spot rihgt before the cat because i have aftermarket headers and the sesor was only reading 1 cyclinder, anyways it was the plug i put on the other o2 sensor spot