Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By couch_c
#304447 I think I've seen some but I'm not sure if it's aftermarket or stock, If they do which models come with them?
By rak511
#304460 If your talking about the tweeters on the door panels, just to confirm my si hatch has them.
By couch_c
rak511 wrote:If your talking about the tweeters on the door panels, just to confirm my si hatch has them.

What year is your si and is your si powered?
By egbeegee
#304476 Im pretty sure they came stock in si and maybe ex models?
By couch_c
#304535 My si hatch didn't come with tweeters, the door panel doesn't even have cutouts for tweeters, the only thing powered in the car was the moonroof. I'm just wondering how it's wired bc I want to install some tweeters soon.
By asianrob
#304536 some EX coupes had them.

Si's are a little harder to find with them

sedans rarely seem them. its like a needle in a hay stack. i've only seen one sedan that had them. and they sit different then the coupes/ hatches

but either way you can just drill the hole out and put them in there. i've done it plenty of times its not hard..

i think the tweeters were AR ( or something like i have to look at my coupe)
By couch_c
#304537 I've never had tweeters so I'm not sure the correct way to wire them, I was thinking it was only just tapping into the speaker wires since the head unit only has Lfront speaker and Rfront speaker and doesn't have one for tweeters, and I don't want to use an external amp for them either.
By Civic_HatchSI
egbeegee wrote:Im pretty sure they came stock in si and maybe ex models?

my si never came with them :?
By asianrob
#304604 yea its going to be harder to find an SI that had them. it was just mostly EX coupes that had them
By 93sihatchguy
#304886 I have the oem tweeters in mine, but I did the power window/door lock conversion. I also changed the stock tweeters to Infinity Kappa Perfect tweeters. The OEM tweeters were Acoustic Research
By elrompetoto
#304931 All ex coup brand then and all eg hatch and coupes have a spot with an out line where u can add them I have done it a bunch of times take ur door panel off and around the top u will c a round out line where u cut 2 instal the tweeters