Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kamikaza
#303265 i have problem, door won't unlock. door opened while i was driving, so i stoped, locked them and continued to drive. when i stopped i couldn't unlock door. central look is working, i hear it, but it doesn't unlock. i can't unlock it with the key, key won't turn, same from inside. it's passangers door. any ideas what to do? how can i remove door panel with closed door, or whatever i can do to solve this problem. thanks in advance
By CsEG
#303284 can you open the door or is it locked close?
By kamikaza
#303286 i can't open the door, it's locked close :(
By kamikaza
#303374 i did that, but i couldn't open the door, something is stucked. lock moves a little bit when i push it by hand. same when i central lock unlocks it. something is blocking door to unlock. the rod from door lock handle is connected, but i cant push it.
By teal_dx
#303391 Door opened while the car was moving? Sounds like the lock failed. Then when it was shut, it probably got jammed up. It's going to be tough to get the inner panel off with the door shut b/c the dash is in the way. :?

When you pull on the handle, is there any resistance? This is a tough one... Maybe someone pulling on the door on the outside and someone pushing from the inside while you're opening the handle? This is IF it is indeed a jammed lock...
By kamikaza
#303399 yes, door opened when i was turning left...luckly i didn't hit anyone :)
i stopped, but i couldn't close the door, door wasn't holding, so i had to lock it to hold the door in place. but when i wanted to unlock it, i couldn't. i can't turn key or pull lock switch from inside.
By suspendedHatch
#303422 Locked or unlocked, a door doesn't come open unless the latch is broken or disconnected. If you ever loosen the striker or latch, and then don't torque them down afterward, they will vibrate loose.

This is going to be tough. It may be cheaper to take it to a body shop then to cause damage to the car. I would keep f'ing with it and hope you get it open. Failing that, I would look to how you can get it with causing the least amount of damage. You could take a hole saw to the outside door handle cover, or you could rip apart your door panel. Neither of these is a guarantee you will be able to fix it.

Here's an idea. Take off the rear quarter plastic and try to unscrew the striker using vice grips on the backside of the screws. I don't know if it's even possible, but the only damage would be to the two screws and you're guaranteed to get it open.
By CsEG
#303550 just a quick suggestion by the way put your key and turn but also pull the handle it may work may not if try inside and outside handles unlocking while pulling the handles at the same time.
By kamikaza
#303603 problem solved! :D
outside door handle rod felt out of it's place and got stucked, so it was blocking door to open mechanicly.
door panel can open with door closed. first i lowered window. then i took off handle trim plastic and window switch, grabbed door pocket and pulled out lower side of panel. it popped out, then i pulled it little up. door panel can bend enough to see all without posibility to break. then i closed window, and moved to back seat. problem was obvious when i saw that rod falled from it's place. i put all back and it was it , all working :)
thank you all for advices :woot:
By Chance
#303606 Nice to see you got it worked out! :thumb: