Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Gustavo
#301776 Thats ur heater valve if i'm not mistaken. That little lever thats zip-tied is the switch that put's it in heat or a/c.
By EG Love
#301783 Do you mean just regular heat and cold air or the actual a/c? If its got to do with a/c, then my AC must have been removed alread
By TrailerTrash
#301784 its the valve that controls the flow of coolant into the heater core. it looks like someone rigged it up with some zipties to keep the cable on.
By EG Love
#301954 So i just broke the rusted part off of the cable since its not holding it anymore anyway. I guess I'm just confused as to why they had a zip-tie there in the first place. I think im going to try and bolt the bracket and valve off and replace it. I'll try, I already broke a stud holding thhe prop valve on :(
By cjw_89
#302304 Ya that valve bolts on but be careful not to twist off the bolts. I replaced one one my buddies car teg fits eg
By suspendedHatch
#302568 I thought I was looking at more pictures of the Titanic :lol:

If you don't have your heater hooked up, why not remove the heater box and blower from under the dash and save some weight?
By EG Love
#302576 That's a good idea actually. I do have it hooked up though, and used it last fall into the colder months. would I just loop the heater hoses or something?

I want to relocate my cruise control actuator under the dash where my airbag would be. Ill look into removing it at the same time sometime