Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rustyrex
#299638 I am doing a motor swap in my 95 cx. When I tried to remove the torque mounts from the frame the nut that's welded to the actual frame broke loose and now the bolt just spins. I thought of just welding the mounts to the frame. But, they need to be replaced badly. I have some spare Aero aluminum and was wondering is there anything I need to take into consideration before I cnc my own mounts?

Like the durometer of the insert?
I noticed it only uses 2 bolts but there are another 2 holes. Will 2 be good or can/should I use 4?
By blk92hb
#299641 if you really want to you can remove them and never use them agian but you will need some aftermarket motor mounts. the bouns about he aftermarket mounts, you can get them any color you want, different bushing stiffness, different styles aluminium or steel, you will be able to put power down due to the motor not moving, and you wont have to replace them.

im running aftermarket mounts and no tourqe mounts. with no problems at all.
By TrailerTrash
blk92hb wrote:if you really want to you can remove them and never use them agian but you will need some aftermarket motor mounts. the bouns about he aftermarket mounts, you can get them any color you want, different bushing stiffness, different styles aluminium or steel, you will be able to put power down due to the motor not moving, and you wont have to replace them.

im running aftermarket mounts and no tourqe mounts. with no problems at all.

this is by far the best bet!

chances are all the stock mounts need replaced anyway
By rustyrex
#299646 When I bought the hatch the guy gave me a shit ton of new parts he bought. He was actually on his way to have some of them installed at a shop when the motor croaked. It has brand new mounts all except the torque mounts. I bought the ES inserts and then I discovered those mounts were ripped. The part where the big bolt goes through the middle is seperated from the other piece. I don't really want to buy after market mounts because I don't plan on making a ton of power. Its gonna be a d16a6 with a header and full exhaust, a MSD ignition, a b8 intake Mani and TB for now bit a Z6 set up later, and CAI. Just simple bolt ons. Do I really need those torque mounts since I will be using the ES inserts?
By TrailerTrash
#299647 it wouldnt be a bad idea for aftermarket mounts anyway
By blk92hb
#299648 you could use the inserts, but i dont know how good they are, also save your money and dont buy the msd its a waste unless you are going to boost it. also even with the aftermarket mounts they will also bolt to a b-series and they will help if you do boost it later on down the road.

right now you only want to do i/h/e but later on the performance bug will get you, and you will want to go faster.
By rustyrex
#299729 I've been driving my crx with the A6 swap with a MSD setup and I/h/e for almost 2 years now and still haven't had the urge for more power. I am sure it will happen though I know this hatch is a few hundred pounds heavier. I do plan on a dohc swap bit not for a minimum of 1 year.
By rustyrex
#299730 I've been driving my crx with the A6 swap with a MSD setup and I/h/e for almost 2 years now and still haven't had the urge for more power. I am sure it will happen though I know this hatch is a few hundred pounds heavier. I do plan on a dohc swap bit not for a minimum of 1 year.
By EG Love
#299741 the nut broke free and started spinning on my cousins integra too. He had to cut a hole in the frame shaped kinda like this --> ] and bend it down, weld the nut back on, bend the metal "flap" back up, and weld it back flat..