Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rustyrex
#299081 I've got a 95 hatch. I am scrubbing the engine bay before I do my swap. I need to remover the battery tray to clean under it and paint it. I was able to get the bolt next to the fender out but it looked like there are 2 more. A 10mm is too small and 11 and 12 were too big. How the hell does it come out?
By 92civic_vx
#299083 i had the same problem on my hatch when i got it, i had to use a "rounded bolt" remover. it was a 10mm but rust/dirt build up made it like a 10.5mm lol
By rustyrex
#299088 I've tried every size I can think of. Once I got to the point of trying to jam a pry bar in to bend it I had to stop lol. I will pick up some rounded remover things tomorrow.
By suspendedHatch
#299602 I don't think there are any small bolts. Just three 12 or 14mm deep down in there. Sure you're not torquing on a welded nut or something?
By rustyrex
#299728 I went to the junk yard for parts and saw a few hatchs. I took out there trays just to verify. There are 3 bolts that are removed from the top and they are all 12mm heads. Then I double checked my FSM. Mine are just that stripped.
By EG Love
#299740 that sucks man, yeah i took out that tray too, one bolt was buried under about an inch and a half of dirt build up, but they all came out thankfully.. i'm scrubbing my bay all over too while my engines out atm best of luck with the rest :D One of my power steering line bolts is stripped, i need to get a drill tool too. I have sockets made for rounded heads but even they werent enough for this one.