Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg6 Driver
#298390 almost every time when i make a right turn my car would honk. some honk are more noticable then other honk. idk what is wrong with it. im using the nrg quick release also. what do you guys think?
By 92civic_vx
#298414 maybe the horn wire is grounding against the hub or other wire in the hub :?
By eg6 Driver
92civic_vx wrote:maybe the horn wire is grounding against the hub or other wire in the hub :?

that's what i was thinking too but today i unplug the fuse under the hood for the horn and replug back in, it didnt honk anymore -_- weird
By andyc
#299972 have you fitted an aftermarket wheel recently?
By eg6 Driver
#300106 no i havent. i just unplug the horn under the dash until i find another solution.
By EG_Diaz
#300109 I'm sure I have the solution. I'm guessing you weren't the one who installed the NRG quick release? The contact that is constantly touching the hub of the steering wheel seems to be loose. The contact is loose and touches the metal center of the steering wheel when you start to turn, which would make the horn go off. Take apart the steering wheel hub and locate the metal contact and secure it down. I used some rubber bands when I installed my NRG quick release. They seem to be holding up quite well, and I've never had any issues. Just be sure that the metal contact is well secure and is not loose.
By andyc
#300136 when I had that mine was honkin at people in bus stops haha...
By eg6 Driver
EG_Diaz wrote:I'm sure I have the solution. I'm guessing you weren't the one who installed the NRG quick release? The contact that is constantly touching the hub of the steering wheel seems to be loose. The contact is loose and touches the metal center of the steering wheel when you start to turn, which would make the horn go off. Take apart the steering wheel hub and locate the metal contact and secure it down. I used some rubber bands when I installed my NRG quick release. They seem to be holding up quite well, and I've never had any issues. Just be sure that the metal contact is well secure and is not loose.

im going to try this, thank you

andyc wrote:when I had that mine was honkin at people in bus stops haha...

lolllllllll the reaction to some pple face is priceless
By andyc
#300150 ha I looked like a fuckin tool I reckon!
By EG_Diaz
#300254 How's it looking? Is the issue fixed?