Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG Love
#296975 I'm currently removing my d16z6 engine from my SI hatch, I think I've got almost everything unhooked, I'll be dropping it out the bottom. The wiring harness seems to go from one shock tower to the other, right under the intake manifold. It goes between the engine and the manifold bracket, and I don't see any connections where it unplugs, so when I drop out the engine, the harness would still be going through it.. I don't think its normal to remove the bracket? Do I unplug the harness way back, and pull it and all its wires that come off it all through to the driver side? Or maybe this section of harness normally comes out with the engine.. Sorry, this is my first engine swap :?

You can see the harness going through between the bracket and the engine in the 2 first pictures.

Also you can see the wire in the second pic, just above where the oil filter goes. how does this come out? i didn't spend much time with it, but may as well ask while i'm here..

By bks84
#297005 its easier to unplug the harness from the shock towers and pull it and the engine as a unit.

the plug above your oil filter its a pain, you just kinda rip it off. Thats how Ive done it. (i guess if your OCD about your plugs you could spray something on it to soften teh rubber boot so it doesnt rip...)
By EG Love
#297010 Thank you, after looking it over some more I was realizing that as well, lol.. :) ill worry about that sensor later

im stuck on the spring pin "bitch pin" right now on the linkage.. and the 12mm bolt beside it holding the other part of the linkage on. After that, mounts come off and its out..
By andyc
#298193 how did you get on with the bitch pin? always an interesting story haha
By EG Love
#298211 I still haven't got it, I've tried using bits and a c clamp.. lol. Ive got everything removed except the pin and one axle.. which I'm not stuck on, just haven't had time yet
By bks84
#298214 I used this:

and a hammer.

Usually comes out with a few good hits. If you dont have enough room to swing a hammer, you could always try an air hammer. If you have air of course.
By EG Love
#298240 Unfortunately I don't have a long bit like that one I don't think, and no I don't have air :( ill just keep trying
By bks84
#298244 Ive had a friend tell me that he used an AC line bolt, the bolt that holds the AC lines to the compressor, etc. They're 8mm shank and they're pointed so they set inside the pin pretty well. He's scours junkyards, Im guessing its worked quite a bit for him.

good luck