Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 04simpson
#295895 Does anyone have any experience in using the nrg engine damper? Is it actually effective? How hard is it to install? Can you feel a difference? Thanks guys!
By -paul
#295899 Hello welcome to the forum :). I haven't personally had an engine damper but from why I gather they're not really worth spending the money on. If you was serious about preventing engine movement in the bay, you'll be better off to replace the main 3 engine mounts with harder ones. For instance I have Innovative engine mounts all round. You don't even need to use the front torque mounts as they do the job on their own.

Only downside is, you'll get more engine vibration within the car. Normally only noticeable when idling. I've got used to it, don't mind it at all :)

Hope I've helped.
By TrailerTrash
-paul wrote:Hello welcome to the forum :). I haven't personally had an engine damper but from why I gather they're not really worth spending the money on. If you was serious about preventing engine movement in the bay, you'll be better off to replace the main 3 engine mounts with harder ones. For instance I have Innovative engine mounts all round. You don't even need to use the front torque mounts as they do the job on their own.

Only downside is, you'll get more engine vibration within the car. Normally only noticeable when idling. I've got used to it, don't mind it at all :)

Hope I've helped.

this.
By jred
#295987 I thought about getting one of these NRG ones awhile ago but i changed my mind because the damper position didnt seem rite to me, it dampers on the mounts and not the block it self like in the picture below, i might be wrong :?

if your getting an Engine Torque Damper you should look into the ones that bolt onto the block itself at the back which IMO is better

By Apexracing
#295993 Just get race mounts or solid mounts :thumb:
By -paul
#296009 Looks as though that second to last pic is bolted to the intake? Probably will help more than the one bolted to the mount, but I believe that they're more for show than anything else.
By TrailerTrash
#296061 i saw one site that had them(cant remember the site) and they bolted to the head with the exhaust manifold bolts then to the radiator support just in the middle on the engine where I think the best place for one would be.

seriously though if u have quality mounts these things are pretty much pointless