Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By berg89
#295345 Ok well i have a 94 cx civic hatch that i am working on that is giving me a issue. The car is swapped with a z6 that is not running right. I cant find the map sensor plug on the car, also a prob im having is having a spare plug on the passenger side, the engine harness only has three plugs. Im wondering what that fourth one is. It is a stock plug that comes from the passenger firewall combined with all the other plugs. any help would be great. thanks.
By berg89
#295379 Yeah, we can't find the map sensor on the firewall. And the weird thing is there are 4 plugs on the stock chassis harness on the passenger side. Here is a pic.

None of my extra harnesses have 4 plugs. The extra plug is a 6 wire plug and 4 of the wires are sheilded like the distributor wires are. The colors of the wires match 4th gen distributor wires. :?
By berg89
#295478 Still looking for help. This whole thing has me stumped.
By teal_dx
#295480 Well, the CX came with a 1-wire o2 sensor, so either they added the 4-wire o2 sensor wiring for the z6 swap or replaced the entire harness all together with one from a z6 (or D15b7 and ran their own wires for vtec). So there's a good chance that they got the harness from a different year that has the map in the other location. I don't know why they would have used a 4th gen harness.

That plug to the far left in your pic is for an o2 sensor. Also on the 6 wire plug with the 4 shielded wires, what color are those? Because 4 shielded wires also sounds like an o2 sensor. You already have the Dizzy hooked up and you're sure it's not for the distributor?

What CEL's did the car have? In what ways is it running bad?

I'm 99% sure all 1994 cars had the map on the throttle body. Does your TB have the MAP on it?

It sounds like they may have put a 1992-1993 D16z6 engine and 92-93 engine harness in your car which means you should get a 94-95 throttle body and engine harness with the map on the throttle body. And then be sure you don't get the map and TPS plugs switched backwards because they can reach and plug into each other.
By berg89
#295779 The plugs in the picture are the chassis harness, not the engine harness. They come from the firewall to the passenger side strut tower. The chassis harness according the cust hasn't been touched or swapped. Only the engine harness was swapped. It won't idle once warm. I think cylinder 1 has lower compression (haven't had a chance to compression check it), but I know it wouldn't cause this no idle problem all on it's own. As soon as you let off the gas it dies. I can't get codes either, tried to ECU's - jumping the plug doesn't do anything. It's weird. Just wondering if anybody else has seen 4 plugs from the chassis harness to the passenger strut tower.