Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Gav-Eg
#294929 not sure if in right section

wanting to remove both front torque on my B16a2

seen it done loads - just wondering how u guys get away with no torque mounts?
do u need to use an engine damper ?

or does the engine not produce enough torque to need them ?

Thanx
By asianrob
#294954 aftermarket motor mounts would be your best bet
By teal_dx
#294959 Yep don't attempt with stock mounts. I filled mine with urethane when I removed my front torque mounts. (there's a how-to make your own urethane mounts in the DIY list. ) :thumb:
By teal_dx
#295034 I've never used one, but I think the mounts would make the difference because there's 3. If youstill have too much movement after mounts, then try the dampner. I never believed in those much- I feel they're half just for looks because look at the places they mount and look where the engine mounts bolt to - much more solid areas on the chassis.
By -paul
#295114 Agree with teal!

I have Innovative engine mounts, thus being able to lose my front torque mounts. A lot more vibration I might add :P
By Gav-Eg
#295118 thanx for your input guys

talking with my mate today - he said about Rover use to use the same front 2 torque mounts like Honda do

now they use a single torque mount underneath that attaches to the rear of the gearbox and then to the subframe - all we would need is to make some custom brackets