Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By gijoe985
#293906 Hello all,

So my idle is supposed to be at 700rpm for a Canadian civic vx. 600 for a US. When I got it, it was idling at about 950 when it was up to temp. I tried turning in the idle screw, but it only dropped down to 850 at the lowest. Any ideas? It seems to be running fine. Good compression and vacuum.

Do you think that someone may have messed with the idle stop screw? Any other ideas?
By suspendedHatch
#294014 Did you jumper the ECU while adjusting the idle, then reset it afterwards? If you don't jumper it, the ECU will compensate while you're adjusting it.

Ignition timing greatly affects idle speed. Look at the sticker under your hood for the spec, then set it; again with the ECU diagnostic plug jumpered and reset the ECU afterward.
By edwin3211
#294591 i just did mine 94 civic d15b7 engine in the book it says to disconnect the iacv valve and adjust idle then connect and rset the ecm by removing 15 amp fuse or disconnect the battery for 15 seconds. but the timing also has to do with it make sure thats correct. ive been messing with mine for 3 months i think i know it like the back of my hand