Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By sevenstitch
#293663 i have a 92 white hatchback, ph12 stock engine carburetored and my problem is, i cant seem to figure out what could be the problem in my idle... :(

at first start of the engine, the idle is good while AC is on, but on my way driving for about 30 minutes the idle suddenly changes and rises up upto 2rpm... im still a noobie on this kind of DIY stuff so im asking for your help guys... i will try if i can do it on my own or i will go to the nearest shop...

thanks in advance... :D
By Will_SG
sevenstitch wrote:i have a 92 white hatchback, ph12 stock engine carburetored and my problem is, i cant seem to figure out what could be the problem in my idle... :(

at first start of the engine, the idle is good while AC is on, but on my way driving for about 30 minutes the idle suddenly changes and rises up upto 2rpm... im still a noobie on this kind of DIY stuff so im asking for your help guys... i will try if i can do it on my own or i will go to the nearest shop...

usually its the IACV causing the problem. Remove it and try cleaning it with carb cleaner.
By TrailerTrash
Will_SG wrote:
sevenstitch wrote:i have a 92 white hatchback, ph12 stock engine carburetored and my problem is, i cant seem to figure out what could be the problem in my idle... :(

usually its the IACV causing the problem. Remove it and try cleaning it with carb cleaner.

I dont know if the carbed civics have an IACV... if so clean it and dont forget to blast it all out with an air nozzle