Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By TurboEGhatch
#293268 This is really strange but ill try to explain the best i can. When driving at very low speed car turns fine to the left and even at a stand still. When trying to turn right when parked or at very low speed the steering wheel pops and turns but the wheels dont move. Also some times the steering wheel gets stuck after it pops. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. The car used to have power steering but was deleted so its a power steering rack. Thanks in advance.
By EJ1_MK
#293278 The rack is starting to go out. My 98 coupe did the same thing when I took the power steering off after about a year started to pop and lock when trying to turn.

You will have to replace the rack or rebuild it but once this starts to happen mostly is breaking off the gear in the rack. Best to do one of two things find a dx,cx,vx sub frame and do a manual rack swap or put another power rack in it and loop lines to some sort of reservoir so that it still has fluid running threw it.
By TurboEGhatch
#293280 I really don't want to swap the subframe, I guess I'll try and get another power steering rack and loop the lines.
By roy93
#293302 you dont need any subframe peices. just a non power steering rack. if you rebuild it will wear out again. its really tough job but do able by yourself
By roy93
#293303 and you can do away with all the lines going to the pump and rack you wont need them anymore
By TurboEGhatch
#293304 I have a manual rack sitting in my garage but i read that the subframe is different? I already took out all the lines to the pump.
By roy93
#294965 yeah thats not true i have two sitting side by side and bolt holes are identical so will be an easy swap