Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jorow99
#292939 So my gf is looking for a cheap school car, and we came across a 92 civic hatchback dx. It has 84k miles And is $2600. There is the usual rust around the wheel wells, and he said he had a mechanic check the odometer to make sure it wasn't tampered with. All stock. What should I look for when we go test drive it?

Also, she is a little scared behind the wheel and is concerned that there's no abs or passesnger airbag. Is there any way to install these after the fact?
By Jaydles
#292941 Does the gauge cluster have a tachometer? It is incredibly easy to swap these out and still looks completely untampered with. A link to the ad would help.
By RL-521
#292972 just go drive the shit out of it, you'll be able to tell quick. an 80k mile civic should feel as solid as newer model car
By Jorow99
#292984 Yea ive never really driven a honda so im not sure, but i know what you mean. It will definitely be different driving a super light low hp car coming from a heavy supercharged sedan...
By Jorow99
#293060 so how about the ABS and passenger airbag? I know there are a lot of topics on removing abs, so would adding it just be the reverse? or is there some wiring missing? same thing with the airbag?
By Jorow99
#293086 Im gonna try to bring it down a little. but really, how often do you find a STOCK hatch with less than 85k miles? KBB is 2400
By user1
Civic_HatchSI wrote:$2600 seems really over price.

I agree. $2600 is on the higher side for a DX. But then again that region seems to price hondas fairly high based on other CL listings.
By Apexracing
#293153 Dont waste the money on abs. Older abs systems work like shit any ways.
By Jorow99
user1 wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:$2600 seems really over price.

I agree. $2600 is on the higher side for a DX. But then again that region seems to price hondas fairly high based on other CL listings.

Yes most cars are priced more around here. A lot of people list them for around 3500 with 150k miles.
By TrailerTrash
#293195 with that many miles that thing shouldnt leak a drop of anything. make sure u look all around underneath for hidden surprises