Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By StillProdigy
#292846 Looking at buying me a 92 Civic Hatch VX,with 206k on it, runs and drives great, doesn't smoke or knock has Si interior, integra seats, carbon fiber mirrors and duck bill, its lowered on 15 inch black bbm wheels with pretty new tires. It has the 1.5 vtec E sohc with a short ram intake also its a five speed.

Anything I should be concernd about purchasing this vehical? Body is in great no damage as well.Paint is perfect it's been kept under a garage and car cover. I've drove this and it rides like a Cadillac (over exaggerate) it drives well. I'm buying this on my on and don't want to run to friends for help. Please any advice to help me out on this purchase. The price is $2500.

By EJ1_MK
#292859 Looks like a solid deal, older cars will could have issues make sure to ask about any maintenance records if any. But make sure to test drive it and the clutch and trans goes into each gear smooth. You can tell a ton by just driving it, if any suspension issues, brake issues etc.
By Flatland_EG
#292880 Use a small magnet to check for bondo and ask if you can lift the car to take a look underneath for any leaks/wet spots of any kind.
By Apexracing
#292899 front bumper looks like its not on right, the tailgate is damaged. and the brake reservoir looks low. over all not bad drive it 3 times, short and long distance and highway. start it from cold and drive until normal temp. looking under a car is a must, id never buy a used car if i couldnt.
By StillProdigy
#292946 Okay i'll be going to meet up with the guy again this weekend. I got under the car and look with a LED light and seen no wet spots or signs of leaking. I've gotten on it and every gear seemed to go in smooth and clutch seems like it's brand new. I'll take it for two more drives to be safe, it handles real nice almost can turn on a dime. It's pretty quiet hardly any road noise for being a 92. I looked at the body and seemed in perfect condition the front bumper was a little loose but he tightened it and it fit flush. He said he took it off to see a front mount would fit. Thanks for the magnet tip aswell i'll take one with me next time. If all goes well i'll purchase this by Tuesday just because i'm looking at a 94 EJ2 on a backup if I don't go through this deal.