Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Eg6H2D
#292632 So in attempting bodywork on my my EG, I have those repair panels, but looks like my Wheel wells are rotted pretty good. so looks like about 1/4 of it is gone on both sides. And obviously those are need to weld things in place properly. i was thinking. At Honda only one side is availabel for the Hatch, Since im only using half of it to weld on, could i get them off a EJ Coupe instead? since those are available?

:?

I want this body work done right..
By teal_dx
#292638 The major area where the coupe panel will be different is the area of the rear 1/4 behind the bumper cover, since the coupe is much longer.

How much area is included on the rear 1/4 you can get from the dealership.
By SirJayDM
#292641 can also order rear quarters from this site if its any help

www.fixmyrust.com
By Eg6H2D
SirJayDM wrote:can also order rear quarters from this site if its any help

www.fixmyrust.com

Thats what i have.. it's the part that usually people roll to fit wider wheels. the back of that is welded with that is shown above. I have the black repair panels. it's just it welds onto the wheel wells and i only have half.. lol..
By Eg6H2D
#292654 This here ...

Will need to be welded to this here...

So teal i know the Coupes will be longer , but im only using have the half going from center of the wheel well to the 1/4 repair panel lip..

:D :?
By Eg6H2D
teal_dx wrote:The major area where the coupe panel will be different is the area of the rear 1/4 behind the bumper cover, since the coupe is much longer.

How much area is included on the rear 1/4 you can get from the dealership.

Fromt he picture is it looks like a good about. enough to cover.
By drivehrideh
#292671 id say the inner fender should be the same from coupe to hatch but if not im sure with a welder and a little modification it would defently fit better than rust. my ej has the inners rotted and little i just took some left over scrap metal and bent me a new lip for the inner fender.
By SirJayDM
#292674 ah i see now its more opinionated really than will it fit im pretty sure there the same but its a risk i personally wudnt like to take to find out im wrong but hey live and learn rite
By Eg6H2D
drivehrideh wrote:id say the inner fender should be the same from coupe to hatch but if not im sure with a welder and a little modification it would defently fit better than rust. my ej has the inners rotted and little i just took some left over scrap metal and bent me a new lip for the inner fender.

No my repair panel has that lip already. just HALF of my wheel well is gone. look at this in your photo of your repairing of the panel. yours is there almost entirely. Mines is like gone. lol .

What is highlighted is gone... So honda sells what I highlighted both sides for a Coupe. For Hatch they only sell the Driver side.

So I can buy my own driver side. Just the passenger side Im thinking of getting For the Coupe and improvise. with it. and use the HALF that i need.. ?

By drivehrideh
#292678 yeah i didnt realize you ment it was that gone. yeah id have to say i would go the way your talking about shouldnt be hard to fab out of a coupe panel
By Eg6H2D
drivehrideh wrote:yeah i didnt realize you ment it was that gone. yeah id have to say i would go the way your talking about shouldnt be hard to fab out of a coupe panel
:woot:
By teal_dx
#292683 I didn't realize you meant the inner wheel well area... yeah it is worth a shot. Even if you get the coupe and it is not perfect, it will still be a lot closer than if you were to fabricate something from scratch. Also nobody is going to see that area when it is all done anyways :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#292684 Check out page 10 of my build thread u can see it in the accident picture..
By drivehrideh
#292690 car defently look like its worth the effort to fab it up. wish i had more now how on hondas
By Eg6H2D
teal_dx wrote:I didn't realize you meant the inner wheel well area... yeah it is worth a shot. Even if you get the coupe and it is not perfect, it will still be a lot closer than if you were to fabricate something from scratch. Also nobody is going to see that area when it is all done anyways :thumb:

Very true!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks! :thumb: