Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By MnCivicEg
#291563 I have an hatchback Dx, planning to swap it with a d15b jdm in it. would trapping the vtec pull harder or just get an vtec motor harness and plug?? if i have to tap the wires, please explain how:;; thanks
By teal_dx
#291581 I think running just the 2 wires you need would be easier than replacing the entire harness.
Details on doing that are in this thread: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

Also if your hatch is a 92, Honda already ran the 2 wires for vtec up to the shock tower. :thumb:
By eg6 Driver
teal_dx wrote:
Also if your hatch is a 92, Honda already ran the 2 wires for vtec up to the shock tower. :thumb:

i have a 1992 dx hatch. so can i use a ex harness w/o cutting anyhting?
By teal_dx
eg6 Driver wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

If you drop in a D16z6 from an EX into a 92 dx hatchback, then simply plug in the ex engine harness to your DX's shock tower plugs and plug in the P28 ecu and you will not need to do run or cut any wires. (the only exception is if your dx has the firewall mounted map sensor and the ex has the throtle body mounted map sensor)
By eg6 Driver
teal_dx wrote:
eg6 Driver wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

If you drop in a D16z6 from an EX into a 92 dx hatchback, then simply plug in the ex engine harness to your DX's shock tower plugs and plug in the P28 ecu and you will not need to do run or cut any wires. (the only exception is if your dx has the firewall mounted map sensor and the ex has the throtle body mounted map sensor)

i had wonder about this for a long time ever since i ran the wire from the vtec solenoid to the ecu wire. thank you very much.
By bartman201
#291655 run the wire is real easy
By MnCivicEg
bartman201 wrote:run the wire is real easy

sorry im new at this but should i cut the wire by the ecu or where the fire wall tower is?
By Apexracing
#293509 first check to see if you have the wires. like tealdx said if your car is a 1992 just plug the engine harness into the car harness and your good to go.
By teal_dx
#293510 What year is your car? If it is a 92 hatch then you can tap into the wires at the firewall. If not, you'll have to pin into the ECU harness and run the 2 wires through the firewall to the vtec head.
By MnCivicEg
teal_dx wrote:What year is your car? If it is a 92 hatch then you can tap into the wires at the firewall. If not, you'll have to pin into the ECU harness and run the 2 wires through the firewall to the vtec head.

I Have A 92 Hatch Dx. Im Tryin To Run D16Z6 Turbo