Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By MnCivicEg
#290711 So I Saw This Car That I Want To Buy But Only Thing Is That Its An Auto.
Will It Be Easy Or Hard To Convert Auto To Manual? Help Please..
Btw Its An 93 Civic Hatchback :)
By Ajax1989
#290714 there quite easy to do.. just a lil expensive and time consuming
By MnCivicEg
94_jdm_ferio wrote:there quite easy to do.. just a lil expensive and time consuming

What Are The Parts That Is Needed?
By Apexracing
#290720 manual transmission, linkage, shifter, manual transmission mount, manual ecu, clutch pedal and clutch master/slave cylinders/lines, Manual brake pedal too. thats for starters probably other things im sure.
By teal_dx
By 1992HondaCivicHatchDX
#310904 EXTREMELY worth it, I just finished my auto to 5 speed swap last night. Took me about a week because I was missing a few parts.

It it honnestly bolt on, but you will need to buy a few NEW mounts that you cannot buy or get off a donor car. The auto chassis has a different front torque mount (the one right above the tranny) that you will need to get changed. Now you can do this 2 ways, cut out the old mount welded on, and weld on the other one (long and time consuming) OR buy the mount hassport sells for around 149$. I had to get it overnighted so i paid an extra 50 or so $ but Its what I needed. You will also need to buy a new flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate. DO NOT REUSE THE ONES OFF YOUR DONOR CAR.

To sum it up ill write a list of parts needed. (As best as I can remember)

D series Tranny
Tranny mounts
Flywheel
Clutch Disc
Pressure Plate
MANUAL flywheel bolts (6) (they are longer than the auto ones and you can reuse them off the donor car)
Pressure plate bolts (8) (you can reuse these aswell)
Manual starter
Shift linkage
Shifter
Clutch pedal
brake pedal
Clutch pedal connector (has 2 wires on it that you will be extending later)
Not needed but you can get a standard cluster if you want to have the RPMS and not have the " P R N D4 D3 2 1 "
Center console (its the same as auto but you will need the leather/rubber boot that goes around the shifter)
Manual ECU (recommended)
Clutch Lines
Master slave
Clutch fork (engages from slave to clutch)

As far as I can remember that is it, Might e a few bolts or little things but that should be 95% of it.

Hope this helped and convinces you to swap!

Btw I have a D15B7 (had a 92 DX auto tranny) and now I swapped to a 95 Si 5 speed with stage 1 Clutch)