Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

buy or pass 92 si with b18b

80%
20%
By jay4baseball
#288784 hi everyone. i want to see what you guys think about this car that i am going to look at this sunday. its going to be a daily driver. so im not looking to do crazy amount of work. i just want it clean comfortable ride. i hope i could get your guys expert opinion.

*details*
92 civic si
BAR b18b
5 speed
asking price 2500
talk down to 2300

*bads*
driver axle needs to be replace
rear motor mount needs to be replace
and left turn signal doesn't work

*some things i wont to know*
is a b18b good engine to have in car? or did the guy screw up the car?
cost to replace parts and degree of difficulty on replacing them my-self?
buy or no buy?

if you guys have any other details or recommend feel free to post them
thank you every one in advice.
By FG2_Andrew
#288785 No more than 2000$ .. Depending on other mods.
By poorman type-r
jay4baseball wrote:hi everyone. i want to see what you guys think about this car that i am going to look at this sunday. its going to be a daily driver. so im not looking to do crazy amount of work. i just want it clean comfortable ride. i hope i could get your guys expert opinion.

*details*
92 civic si
BAR b18b
5 speed
asking price 2500
talk down to 2300

*bads*
driver axle needs to be replace
rear motor mount needs to be replace
and left turn signal doesn't work

*some things i wont to know*
is a b18b good engine to have in car? or did the guy screw up the car?
cost to replace parts and degree of difficulty on replacing them my-self?
buy or no buy?

if you guys have any other details or recommend feel free to post them
thank you every one in advice.

Hardest thing to replace will be the rear mount and thats not even hard, really. Axles are simple. B18b is a good motor, gas friendly and turbo friendly. Do you have pics that you can put up? 2300 seems reasonable.
By JUICE
#288792 is it a B18b B18b1 or a B18a1? axles aren't hard but the rear mount can be a pain

just know that a B swapped hatch has been beat on.. why else would it be swapped :lol:
By jay4baseball
#288835 thanks everyone for the replay

its a b18b1 so its non VTEC. i never driven a Honda with Vtec so would i be missing out. like i said on my first post its a DD. so most likely i wouldn't be hitting high enough RPM for it to engage. ya i hear the axle is easy fix. the one i am more worried about is the rear mount.

JUICE wrote:just know that a B swapped hatch has been beat on.. why else would it be swapped :lol:

lol yes that is so true. i pretty sure that b swap was beat like it owed money :chair: what are some things to look for to see if its been beat to hard. should i not even worry because i am going to be cruzing it and babying that car.

ps. my old DD was a 99 Chevy Camaro z28 5.7L V8 that gets 15 mile city.
that is why i'm upgrading to a eg.
By jay4baseball
#288837 i forgot to add the pics on my last post. here they are