Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kc12305
#288483 im in the process of getting a 16 valve D series motor and it has almost 100k on it and im just wondering what kind of things can i do to this motor im asking for personal opinions here cause i want to boost it and what are somethings i should do if i want to boost it ive seen some bossted ones on here just whats the differance betweeen the v tec and a 16 valve ?
if anyone has any info for advice for me post it here cause i dont want to have to start over with this motor , i currently have a d16z6 v-tec with low miles and this hatch is is really good shape so im just wondering what will be said
this is the motor
By Greasedmonkey
#288492 You can do quite a bit to it. Its just depends on what you want from it. The options are plentiful.
By kc12305
#288493 well i want to run a normal 8 psi turbo kit on it and have the motor last me a long time
By Apexracing
#288495 So you have a d16z6 and your picking up that d15b7. Why?
By kc12305
#288500 well this guy wants to trade me for a hatch and it has that motor so whats the diff from d16z6 from this series
By Apexracing
#288506 Z6 has vtec, higher compression, higher redline. Shorter ratio transmission and better internals.
By kc12305
#288507 oh damn well i never knew that ... like i said im using this forum to learn more about my motor and stuff like that but is it all possible to really turbo charge a d15b7 motor on stock . parts
By Apexracing
#288509 It is but the z6 would have better gains.
By teal_dx
#288512 check out the D series section of the forum. There's a sticky thread toward the top with the specifications of D series engines. Usually the answer is easy to find if you take a minute to search for it. :thumb:
By kc12305
#288517 sweet just truth is .. im really trying to just build a basic boost on this motor.. i want to
By FG2_Andrew
kc12305 wrote:sweet just truth is .. im really trying to just build a basic boost on this motor.. i want to

ok, great. you've said that like 6 times.. here's the run-down.

d16z6 > d15b7
vtec > non-vtec
boost @ 9 lbs on a b7 won't do much for you
boost @ 9 lbs on a z6 won't do much for you, but more than the b7
slapping an ebay turbo kit on your motor won't last

------------------

keep your z6. you'll thank yourself later!
:thumb:

[edit]
punctuation rules, you should try it. it'll help clear up alot of the confusion on what you're trying to ask. and pictures help too.
By kc12305
#288594 ok thanks this was a good thing to have seen lol but im going to trade for the hatch and just do a v-tec swap in it