Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#285918 Alright as soon as I get the Beast back, ill have to go check that out and see if I can seal that area up cuz I am pretty sure there is a leak around there
By Hatch-O-Doom
#286903 Okay, So I will finnaly have my car back in my hands on monday...

What do you guys suggest to use to seal up holes/ around tail lights and other areas where I might have a leak?

I was thinking some basic Silicon from the hardware store or is there something better out there?
By Apexracing
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:Okay, So I will finnaly have my car back in my hands on monday...

What do you guys suggest to use to seal up holes/ around tail lights and other areas where I might have a leak?

I was thinking some basic Silicon from the hardware store or is there something better out there?

just order new gaskets from honda, clean the area install the new gaskets, and snug the bolts tight :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#286953 Image

See how the Left and Right are not linded up evenly I think the leak is somewhere there... the car was hit in the back, and it was cheaply repaired... i found this out after I bought it, But is there anyway I can somewhat line this up and have it less look like that and maybe seal up where ever the leak is back there.

Edit: Dont mind the Horrible looking exhaust, Its taken care of.
By Apexracing
#286956 The lower tailgate is adjustable. Loosen the bolts on the hinges and adjust it :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
Apexracing wrote:The lower tailgate is adjustable. Loosen the bolts on the hinges and adjust it :thumb:

Really? Did not know this. :thumb:

I will be doin some hardcore work come monday on this thing to get it and in good shape.
By Apexracing
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:
Apexracing wrote:The lower tailgate is adjustable. Loosen the bolts on the hinges and adjust it :thumb:

Really? Did not know this. :thumb:

I will be doin some hardcore work come monday on this thing to get it and in good shape.

Yea the hinges can be readjusted just like the door ones :D
By Hatch-O-Doom
#286962 Thanks man!

Cant wait to get to do some work on this!!!
By EG Love
#286972 I have the same problem man, I hate scraping frost off the inside of my windshield! My quarters were re-done a couple of owners ago, but there seems to be a leak in my car coming from my wheel wells. (where my moon roof drain tubes go out) I can have it pouring rain on my car for days with no leaks, but once I drove it in the rain, the hatch fills up with water from water off the tires. In the middle of my spare tire compartment there is a small hole that the water drains out of, I poked it with a screw driver and the water drains out of it now at least. Just gonna try putting some sealant around the leak, I hate seeing water in my hatchie :( And I still have to adjust my tailgate too hehe. Good luck fixing your issue :)
By Hatch-O-Doom
#286998 Thats kinda what is goin on with mine. I get water pooled up in the back.