Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Wanted95Eg
#284181 Hey i am planning on getting a shell right now i want a 1995 honda civic cx witch is the hatchback but iam wondering if a coupe would be better at first i wanted a coupe but now i want an hatchback because it does look nice and is cheaper on inshurance and lighter pleases tell me waht you think and i plan on tuning it and or restoring it
By dbrooks
#284186 First welcome to the site.

Hatches are nice, but so are coupes. It really just depends on personal preference.
By Blazed_Eg
#284253 +1 for the hatch from this guy! Good call on a cx I wouldn't have it any other way unless I happened upon a mint si why a '95 though? Ugly and annoying passenger airbag.
By Wanted95Eg
#284304 ya i think i would go witha hatch and thanks thais site is nice
By asianrob
#284342 i've had all body styles lol

i liked them all so my post is useless hahah
By Apexracing
asianrob wrote:i've had all body styles lol

i liked them all so my post is useless hahah

Cool story bro :wink:

Seriously the Hatch has more storage room, thats what i liked most about it.
By ceelx
#284427 so i must say...........ferio rulezzzzzz :thumb:
By asianrob
ceelx wrote:so i must say...........ferio rulezzzzzz :thumb:

:thumb:
By ceelx
#284436 coupe dont have rear dors, and hatchback dot have trunk :D
hahhahaha ferio have both :woot:
By thomasjeffery10
#284876 i just recently traded my hatch for a coupe. i liked the hatch a little bit better. theres actually not that much of a weight difference. only a couple hundred pounds but if youre going to be racing that will make a huge difference. the hatch looks sexier and i liked the open space. dont get me wrong i love my coupe but i loved the hatch just a little bit more.
By FG2_Andrew
#284900 Coupes are ok, but hatches and sedans are win.
By Low_Life
#285149 all down to personal pref mate :)
By OleFolk
#285151 Its all up to you they are only cars

IMO
The front end of both cars are pretty much the same
Unfortunately most common damage takes place in the rear
Whether its dents rust whatever
Hatch parts in general are harder to find
As far as I have seen hatches are more infamous then coupes
They are lighter as well

I own both a hatch and a coupe
I vote hatch
By Ecc0
#285188 I've had both and am currently running a coupe but so miss having a hatch so will try and find one in the summer, best thing to do is collect the set and have one of each coupe, hatch, ferio, sol then you don't have to decide.
By Moez_cx
Blazed_Eg wrote:+1 for the hatch from this guy! Good call on a cx I wouldn't have it any other way unless I happened upon a mint si why a '95 though? Ugly and annoying passenger airbag.

i am actually glad i have a passenger airbag in my car i drive with my girl all the time i gota think about my safety and hers b4 style :? but its all up to you i only like coupes that are lowered with a lip for some reason :lol: i love my hatch :D