Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RL-521
#283417 yeah, my heater will stay on even after i turn the key off and take it out... wtf??? has this ever happened to one of ya'll? like i can slide it through 1 2 3 and 4 and it keeps blowing unless i slide it to OFF.
By 1995db7
#283419 i was having the same issue on my car after removing the ac,checked some stuff and couldn't pinpoint the issue but when i removed the condenser fuse in the engine bay box it stopped doing it and haven't had an issue to this day hope that helps
By TrailerTrash
#283447 never heard of that one... sounds almost like the blower motor is hard wired to the battery :?
By Aldo91
#283451 my cusins VW does it with its fan, and it just turns off when the car cools.
By Apexracing
#283466 are we talking heater blower fan or radiator/ac fan. If its the later they can stay on and run up to 15 minutes after you shut off your car. usually means it was running hot. check your radiator/temp sensor/thermostat.
By EdwinBlack
Apexracing wrote:are we talking heater blower fan or radiator/ac fan. If its the later they can stay on and run up to 15 minutes after you shut off your car. usually means it was running hot. check your radiator/temp sensor/thermostat.

My radiatorfan hasnt got 1 2 3 and 4 ;)

Did you modify anything on the electrics?
You've searched on other forums yet?
By RL-521
1995db7 wrote:i was having the same issue on my car after removing the ac,checked some stuff and couldn't pinpoint the issue but when i removed the condenser fuse in the engine bay box it stopped doing it and haven't had an issue to this day hope that helps

this is probably it, cause i just recently ripped my a/c out lol thanks guys ill check up on it
By suspendedHatch
#284730 I don't know about that but I would look at the ignition harness wiring, especially if there has ever been remote start installed.

At some point the accessory power is crossed over with ignition power.
By RL-521
#284821 took out that fuse. works great. now. thanks 1997db7
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#284822 has to be a wiring problem
By 1995db7
suspendedHatch wrote:I don't know about that but I would look at the ignition harness wiring, especially if there has ever been remote start installed.

At some point the accessory power is crossed over with ignition power.

when i was having the issue the only thing i had done was taken the ac out,the car had no prior alarm of any sort until i followed your'e stealth installation and installed one myself

RL-521 wrote:took out that fuse. works great. now. thanks 1997db7

glad it worked out for you
By jpnzbtl
#288914 Used to have that problem after driving in the rain. If you have AC, unplug the harness going to the condenser relays by the airbox. If that fixes the problem it's something in your wiring on the rad support.
By tegpower18
#289053 I imagine your blower motor has a short to power or ground depending on how it's wired somewhere. Snag up the wiring diagram and trace it down.
By bartman201
#290040 its a bad ignition switch, i had the same problem. buy a new one and the problem will go away.
By RL-521
tegpower18 wrote:I imagine your blower motor has a short to power or ground depending on how it's wired somewhere. Snag up the wiring diagram and trace it down.

you say that like its a good time lol